Now you can officially unlock the bootloader of Realme 5 and also install a custom recovery like TWRP on it. After Realme released the kernel source codes, the developers have started porting custom ROMS and custom recovery for the device.
Realme 5 is a budget-friendly smartphone which was launched in August 2019 runs on ColorOS 6.0.1 which features a more straightforward and flatter interface based on Android Pie 9. The smartphone is powered by a Snapdragon 665 Soc and comes in three different variants of RAM and ROM where the top-end version consists of 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
The screen is built on a 6.5-inch high definition display with a 13-megapixel selfie camera that also has electronic stabilisation for videos. One of the unique features of this smartphone’s design is that it has crystal patterns on the back which retains the polycarbonate build and laminated plastic back panel.
The Realme 5 has twp Nano-SIM cards slot and also a dedicated slot for a microSD card which is a good advantage for youth these days who can store more videos, games, applications on their device on the go. Coating sugar on this budget-friendly priced smartphone under $150 you get four cameras at the back that has a primary camera and depth sensor with a wide-angle and macro lens.
The smartphone has a massive 5000mAh battery which can last throughout the day on moderate gaming, surfing, streaming videos, video and audio calling. Realme 5 doesn’t heat much while gaming or using applications for a prolonged period.
Why Unlock The Bootloader Of Realme 5
The bootloader is a kind of lock which doesn’t let any intruders; it is that firewall which doesn’t allow any hacker go through it and access the files and data on your smartphone. However, there are many things that a locked bootloader doesn’t let you do on your smartphone like flashing a custom ROM, taking a backup and restoring it. Create partitions or change the storage type from exFAT to F2Fs, which is more faster and many more other things.
How to Unlock The Bootloader of Realme 5 Pro
- Download the Deep Testing Tool for Realme 5
- Recharge your smartphone above 50%
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers and application on your computer.
- Please make sure that the battery is above 75% on your phone
- USB Data Cable
- You must update your Realme 5 to the latest available update. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Update. If there is any update available, then update it.
- Go to Settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources.
- Install the Realme 5 Deep Testing Tool APK.
- Now open the application you have just installed, and accept the terms and conditions that are shown on the screen. In the end, tap on the “Submit Application“.
- The application will check for the authentication by the Realme servers, and within one hour you will get the status of the unlock request which will show “Review successful“.
- Now click on the “Start in-depth test“, and the smartphone will reboot automatically.”
- The following message will pop-up on your screen saying “fast boot_unlock_verify ok”.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the USB data cable.
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator.
- Now type the following command to check if the device is connected to your PC correctly:
- fastboot devices
- If the drivers are installed and your device is connected, then you will be able to see the phone listed with a serial number in the Fastboot Window.
- Now enter the following command to enter bootloader mode:
- adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone comes into bootloader mode, you must type the following command to unlock the bootloader of Realme 5 Pro
- fastboot flashing unlock
- On your smartphone, a warning message will be displayed. Using the Volume up button select OK and press the Power button. The bootloader will then get unlocked in few seconds and will reboot automatically.
How to Install TWRP On Realme 5
Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP is the key to unlock features on an Android smartphone that OEM’s lock it. TWRP on Realme 5 will help you root your device using Magisk; it will also let you flash custom ROM and kernels.
- ADB and Fastboot (you have already installed it while unlocking the bootloader)
- USB Type C Cable (provided in the box)
- Custom Recovery TWRP
- Turn off your smartphone and press Volume Down Button + Power Button for few seconds until you get a vibration
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. You will see the “write successful” message on successfully flashing the custom recovery.
- Now press and hold Volume Up and Power button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Realme boot logo to enter the custom recovery mode.
How To Root Realme 5
After you have installed TWRP, you must take a backup of your entire ColorOS and save it on your computer. In case you brick your device, you will be able to restore it later.
- Latest flashable Magisk Zip file
- TWRP installed
- Copy the Magisk zip file to the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Reboot to TWRP (Turn off your smartphone and then simultaneously press and hold Volume Up + Power button until you see the Realme Logo and then release them.
- Go to Install and navigate to the folder where you have copied the Magisk zip file.
- Select and swipe to flash. It will ask you to clean Dalvik/cache; you may proceed with it.
- Reboot and enjoy.
The dept test apk is crashing on opening can anyone help please