5 WhatsApp Hidden Features You Were Not Aware About
WhatsApp is one of the best messaging application these days, which is used by a large number of people. But did you know there are 5 WhatsApp hidden features which you didn’t know till now? We are going to reveal those secrets which will make your everyday tasking easy and also fun while using it.
In our previous post, we mentioned a few tips and tricks on how to know if someone on WhatsApp has blocked you. We hope to have served you best with an informative and entertaining article. Similarly, we hope that revealing the 6 WhatsApp hidden features might help you as well.
1. Storage Usage
One of the best Whatsapp hidden features I have explored so far which has been ignored until now. This feature is an essential one that is buried deep inside the settings menu of WhatsApp.
Storage usage helps you find which contact or group is consuming how much of storage data on your device. It gives you the detailed information of text messages, contacts, locations, photos, stickers, GIFs, videos, audio notes, and documents being shared in a group or by any individual.
Storage usage gives you the option to clear particular type of messages, such as all the videos or photos that have been shared by you or someone in the WhatsApp group. The only disadvantage of this feature is that you will have to delete them at once.
To access it you need to open the settings menu of WhatsApp then open Data and Storage usage and then head over to Storage usage.
2. Hide Read Receipts
If you read someone’s message, then a read notification is shown to the sender about it. It has always hampered our work life and personal life. It is possible to turn off Read Receipts by going to App Settings -> Account -> Privacy and unticking the box.
The drawback of this feature is that you won’t be able to know that the other person has read your message or not.
However, if you don’t want this, then you do the following things:
- Read the messages from the notification bar and clear it in the app without opening the chat window.
- Turn on the Airplane Mode, which will turn off both the internet data and WiFi and then open the message. By doing this, you are not sending any information to the WhatsApp server of your activity. Thus no one comes to know if you have read the message or not. Do not forget to exit WhatsApp before turning off Airplane Mode.
3. Send Any File
Gone are those days when WhatsApp was just an image and video sharing messaging application. Now you can send any document or file to your recipient. This feature is quite helpful for people who work in an office and have to share documents instantly.
- Firstly open web.whatsapp.com on your computer. Or both of them will work in the same way by installing the desktop version of WhatsApp on your computer.
- Now scan your QR code to run WhatsApp from your mobile.
- Now your Whatsapp is connected to both the computer and the mobile.
- Now create a group with any friends, now delete that friend from the group, now you are alone in the group
- Now you send the file from the computer to the group, as soon as you come to that group, you will also be able to transfer your data to WhatsApp on your mobile phone.
4. Hidden Font
You might not be knowing about this font that we can use by using a simple trick. The new font was introduced a month back, which we were also not aware of it until a friend revealed it to me. This really looks cool though, and others keep you asking about the secret behind it. You need to type the three grave accent symbols at the beginning and then enter your message and then close it the same way.
”’ enter your message ”’
You will see the text style has been changed.
5. Text Styles
I don’t know why the developers of WhatsApp are not implementing this on the app. This has been introduced a long time back, and few users know about it.
You can see in the photo that you can use these symbols and change the style of the text into bold, italics, and strikethrough. You have to put the symbol one time at the beginning of your message and at the end. You can also write a message through Combination.
Bold = * Bold * = Bold
Italics = _Italics_ = Italics