Android application building is a brainstorming idea that is unique in itself – you already figured out what your application would deliver and the user interface it will look like. Android applications are short-termed.APK which is a set of java codes compiled together.
There are many factors and labor involved in creating an Android APK from the scratch. To ease up the situation there are several shortcuts in modifying already available applications in the market.
What is an APK?
An .APK file is the representation of the mobile application that is installed in an Android-based device such as a smartphone, tablet, android wear, android TV, etc.
The APK file is a simple archive that can be opened on a computer using archive packagers like WinRar or WinZip. You can open the file easily and view every individual file present inside the package. These APK files are compiled in the binary format.
APK packages are generally meant to be installed on Android-based devices that run an application. In layman terms, it is just like a software package that is installed on a computer.
Do Your Research
The first thing that you must do is research and then determine why Android is your choice of an operating system?
Make your consciences cleared before because playing with the java codes is time-consuming and requires a lot of patience. Although, decompiling and recompiling doesn’t require much technical skill but in many instances, things do not work on the first go.
Even when building an app for Android, there can be a rise of bad ideas to make decisions based on the hunches and gut feelings. You must focus on the project you have picked up and work on it accordingly. Just follow the instructions below and give your best shot.
It is time to roll up your sleeves and give that shot to make the magic happen on your mobile. Before that, we must gather all the information and prerequisites for the procedure.
Tutorial For Decompiling And Compiling APK
The following tutorial is based on the composition and guide by a renowned developer on XDA-Forums named CrYsTAxiT.
- Windows-based computer or laptop.
- APK Tool – Download it.
- MOD: Modification.
- Decompile: Decompile means decompress the APK to mod.
- Recompile/Compile: Recompile/Compile means turning back the decompiled APK back to the APK file.
How To Decompile Any APK
1. Install The Latest Version Of Java from the link provided in the kit. (reboot after installing)
2. Open the APK Tool folder which you have downloaded and paste .apk of the app which you want to decompile.
3. Now open the command prompt of the current folder (i.e. APK Tool ).
4. Now Write ” apktool d your_apk_name.apk ” (apktool d WhatsApp.apk) [Without quotes].
5. Your APK is decompiled with its APK name.
How To Compile Back/Recompile
1. Open the command prompt again which you had open before.
2. Now write ”apktool b your_apk_name” [Without Quotes] (apktool b WhatsApp).
3. Your APK is recompiled, in the same folder app which you have decompiled in the dist folder.
4. Then you need to sign that APK to run it on your Android smartphone.
How To Assist All XML, TXT & Smali file to N++ (must do to boost modding procedure )
1. Right Click On Any .xml file, choose Properties and a popup box will appear!
2. Click On The Change button, now hit Browse in the lower-right area.
3. Browse The Path Of notepad++.exe which should be Desktop>Khan Tutorials Kit>NotePad++ With XML Tools PreEmbedded>notepad++.exe!
4. Hit Apply, Follow the same procedure for txt and smali files.
Congratulations! You have successfully decompiled and recompiled your Android APK file. We hope you have achieved what you wanted.