Zoom video conferencing application, which is one of the best choice applications for long-distance conferencing. This application is an alternative for employees to work from home by holding online meetings.
We rely heavily on technology during this period, be it computers, smartphones, and the internet, so we can work and study from home as long as the government’s work from home (WFH) recommendation is enforced.
One technology that suddenly became popular and liked by the public was the video conferencing application from the United States Zoom. This is nothing new; since a long time ago, we have used Webex, Skype, or Hangouts to conduct online meetings.
Zoom is becoming popular and liked because it has convenient features that pamper its users that may not be found in alternative applications.
Zoom achieved its popularity for being the best video conferencing platform in this pandemic. It not only lets users access the video conferencing for an hour but also lets 1000 users participate simultaneously, unlike most other applications that only allow a maximum of 10 participants at a time.
Some of the exotic features of the Zoom application are as follows that is preferred by many users:
Able to accommodate 1000 participants – One of the things that users like about Zoom is that it can accommodate up to 1000 participants and 49 videos on the screen for the Enterprise version. While the free version, 100 participants with a duration of 40 minutes.
Multi-platform – Zoom is available on multiple platforms for PC or Laptop, smartphone or tablet, Web browser, Chrome, Firefox extensions, plugins for Microsoft Outlook or IBM Notes.
HD quality video and audio – this application supports high definition quality (HD) audio and video.
Changing the Background – You can replace the object behind you with an exciting image. Also, to maintain privacy so that the activities behind you are not visible to online meeting participants.
Scheduling feature – A time can be set for starting meetings automatically.
Recording – Users can record during online meetings with Zoom and save it on the user’s device or save via the Cloud, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and others.
How to Create a Zoom Account
To use Zoom, you must first register to get a zoom account. Registration is straightforward; you can use a Google account, Facebook, or use Single Sign-On.
Zoom provides several subscription packages; some are free (free), Pro, Business, or Enterprise. There are limitations for the free version; for example, the maximum duration is 40 minutes, and only 100 participants.
Here’s how to register for a Zoom account.
- Open https://zoom.us/pricing in a browser.
- Then click select the Free column, then click Sign up; it’s Free.
- Later, several options will appear for registering. Choose one via email, Google account, or Facebook.
- After the registration process is complete, it will be taken to the Zoom dashboard page.
- Try to make your profile simple and attractive. You can change your username or profile photo via the My Profile menu.
After registering with Zoom, you will get a Personal Meeting ID (PMI). To maintain privacy, do not share the ID.
Download and Install Zoom
The Zoom application is available for multi-platform Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web browser, and extensions for Chrome and Firefox, plugins for Microsoft Outlook, or IBM Notes.
To maximize its features, you should use it on a PC / Laptop. But, make sure your PC / laptop uses a webcam.
Please follow this guide to download and install the zoom application.
- Open the https://zoom.us/download page via a browser.
- Select a platform on the page.
- Download and Install the file.
- Open the Zoom application, then log in using the account that was previously registered.
How to Change Background In Zoom
Zoom provides a feature that allows users to change backgrounds while doing video conferencing. So that users can easily adjust the background as desired.
Also, this virtual background Zoom can protect privacy. Of course, you don’t want the area behind you to be seen by other participants, try if during the meeting suddenly your affair appears from behind, it could be an uproar.
For those of you who don’t know how to change the background in the zoom application, please follow the guide below.
- Open the Zoom app on your PC or laptop.
- Make sure you have logged in to your Zoom account.
- Click the settings icon present at the top right.
- Then click the Virtual Background option. There are several stock backgrounds that you can use.
- Select the background you want to use.
- Now your background when doing video conferencing has changed.
You can currently change a different background every time you participate in an online meeting in the Zoom application.
How to Delete Zoom Account
If at any time, you intend to stop using the Zoom application and delete your account to avoid your data being misused by unauthorized parties.
Below is an easy way to delete a Zoom account.
- Go to https://zoom.us/ and log in with the account you want to delete.
- Click the Account Management option on the left.
- Then select the Account Profile menu.
- Then select the Terminate My Account option.
- Select Yes to delete your Zoom account.
- After that, you will be taken to the main page and notify you that the account deletion process was successful.
Now, you no longer need to worry about data security at Zoom.
Tips to Increase Zoom Security
Like any service you have, Zoom is also vulnerable when it comes to security. For that reason, we recommend that you always update the latest version of Zoom’s mobile or desktop app.
No less important, don’t share links or meeting IDs on social media and make it a habit not to use personal meeting IDs. But use the random ID that Zoom provides for each session.
Activate the lock meeting feature if all participants are present so that no one else can join the meeting.