Xiaomi recorded a mind-blowing sale of Redmi Note 5 Pro in 2018. It remains one of the best-selling smartphones in the market. However, the only drawback of the device is that it runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and has not received the official update of Android 9.0 Pie. A long time ago, we learned that Redmi Note 5 Pro would have Android 9.0 Pie in the first quarter of 2019, but for now, we do not attend any public beta test for the corresponding MIUI ROM.
Recently, some developers have introduced Android One ROM to Redmi Note 5 Pro from Mi A2. This Android One ROM, which comes from Mi A2, is based on Android 9.0 (Pie) and is based on the security patch of November 2018. Note that although it is based on Android 9.0, the Android One ROM provides an experience similar to that of the stock without bloatware just like Pixel Experience ROM. Therefore, you will not get the same experience as when you use MIUI because the ROM is not full of features. If you want to install the Android Android One ROM in your Redmi Note 5 Pro, first follow the instructions below.
Size: 1 GB
Type: Android One
– DarkCroc theme
– Lean Launcher
– Poco Launcher
• Web Browser
– Mozilla Focus
– Chronus => Clock-Weather
– PowerToggles => Shortcuts
– Gallery AOSP
– Music AOSP
– VLC Video Player
– Root browser
– XDA gesture
- Make sure the boot loader is unlocked on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Download the Android One Port and the latest update.
- Keep in mind that you do not need Flash Gapps because they are present in the ROM itself.
- TWRP must be installed on your device: download from here.
- Download Anti-Rollback Bypass here.
- Make sure that the ADB software is installed on your PC /MAC.
- Be sure to back up the personal data on your device.
- Your device must have a battery percentage of at least 75 before beginning the process.
How To Install Android One On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Restart your device in Fastboot mode by pressing the button to lower the volume and the power button simultaneously
- Then connect your device to your PC / laptop. On your PC, navigate to the folder where you downloaded the undo ZIP file and replace TWRP.
- Shift + right-click on the folder in the contextual menu that appears, select the option “Open command window here” or “Open Power Shell window here“.
- A command prompt pointing to the folder will appear. Write and execute the following command to make sure that the system detects your device.
- If your phone is detected, perform the following commands one by one at the command prompt.
fastboot flash antirbpass anti-rollback_filename.zip
fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.zip
- Restart your phone in recovery mode by simultaneously pressing the button to increase the volume and the power button.
- If your device requests changes swipe to the right to allow changes.
- Now, clean your device. Select Wipe -> Advanced Cleaning and check the options for Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data and Cache. Drag to clean
- Return to the main menu of TWRP Recovery and press “Install.” Select the Android One ROM and the update file and swipe to flash on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Press “Reboot” and your device will restart with Android One ROM now.
- Keep in mind that the first restart may take a while, so be patient.
Conclusion: This was the entire process to update Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro to Android Pie 9.0 by installing Android One Port from Xiaomi Mi A2 on Android. If you have any questions or problems during the process, let us know in the comments section below.