Windows 10 version 1903 comes to an end, update your Windows before December 8th this year.
As per Microsoft, Windows Home, Pro, Pro Education, Pro for Workstation, Enterprise, Education, and IoT Enterprise’s security updates will reach the end of service soon.
The company is focusing on the newer version of 2004 that has many security updates and new features. In this version, Microsoft Edge has been introduced, which is built on chromium. There have been more improvements on the user interface, such as the implementation of newer icons in the material style.
What if I don’t get the security update from Windows?
If your computer does not receive security updates, then viruses can attack your computer at any time or any date easily.
On the other hand, support for Windows 10 version 1809 will also run out on November 10th for Home customers, and Windows 10, version 1709 will stop receiving support by October 13th this year.
Check Your Windows Version
To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK.
You can also check from the setting:
- Select the Start button > Settings > System > About.
- Under Device specifications > System type, see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
- Under Windows specifications, check which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
Update Your Windows
When the Windows 10 new update is ready for your device, it will be available to download from the Windows Update page in Settings.
You’ll then need to restart your device and complete the installation. After that, your device will be running Windows 10, version 2004.
Also, note the following:
- If you want to install the update now, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates.
- If updates are available, install them.
So for those who haven’t updated Windows yet, update them by December 8th. Because if you do not get any security update later, you may have to face some problem related to your favourite Windows OS.
Few problems which you might face if your Windows is outdated:
- Slow performance of your computer.
- Vulnerable to the newer virus database.
- Newer software might not work correctly.
- Backward compatibility of applications.
In my opinion, it is better to update your Windows and stay updated on the latest available version. You may also download a clean copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft website and install a fresh copy of it. Remember, before installing; you must backup your Windows Key and note it down somewhere so that you can re-enter it when you install the new version of Window 10 on your computer.