Ultimately, the Global stable version of the most recent Android Q 10 MIUI 10.4.8.0 released for the Redmi K20 Pro users. Now you can upgrade Redmi K20 Pro to Android 10 officially by following the guide mentioned below.
The most up to date build include the latest Android Security Patch and also powered with the most recent Android Q OS. Android 10 is already available for Google Pixel devices and other smartphones as well as currently the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro joins this checklist. Android Q is the most recent OS from Google, and you can explore a few of the brand-new features of Android 10 in this article below.
This is good news for Redmi K20 Pro owners who were waiting for the Android Q update to be released for a long time. Now they can download and enjoy all the new Android 10 features with this MIUI 10.4.8.0 update. The upgrade is pushed through OTA update as well as many Indian Redmi K20 Pro owners already got this upgrade out of the box.
If you are still awaiting the update, then you can download the Android 10 MIUI 10.4.8.0 from the download section below as well as upgrade your phone with this new development. In this article, you will get to make use of the update on your Redmi K20 Pro as well as install the Android 10 MIUI 10.4.8.0 upgrade.
Android 10 features come with brand-new functions like New gesture navigation, site-wide dark mode, live Captioning, new personal privacy and also enhanced safety and security features, family link in the Digital Wellbeing application.
Table Of Contents
How To Upgrade Redmi K20 Pro To Android 10
You can download and install the flash-able zip data, which is also called MIUI Recovery ROM from its official web links listed below:
- Android 10 MIUI 10.4.8.0 for Stock ROM users.
If you have unlocked the bootloader and have installed a custom recovery on your Redmi K20 Pro, then you must download the following firmware to upgrade to Android 10 without any hassle.
- Android 10 MIUI 10.4.8.0 – Flash it through TWRP custom recovery.
How to flash this ROM?
Flashing MIUI update zip file is simple. You can either do it through the Stock MI Recovery which is available in the Settings or using a custom recovery such as TWRP, Pitch Black or Orange Fox.
Method 1: Stock MI Recovery
Upgrade Redmi K20 Pro to Android 10 with the Choose Update Package method from the settings menu:
- Open updater app on your phone by going to Settings > About Phone > Update – Tap on the three dots from the top right corner and choose the update package. Navigate to the firmware which you downloaded and select it.
- After verifying the package and your permissions, it will ask you to reboot the device.
- Reboot your Redmi K20 Pro, and your smartphone will boot up to MIUI 11.
So with this method, you can officially update your Redmi K20 Pro to Android 10 MIUI 10.4.8.0.
Method 2: Custom Recovery
If you have installed a custom recovery, then you must follow this method or else you might end up in a boot loop. Remember this method if for users who have custom ROM already installed.
- Copy the downloaded file to the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Reboot to custom recovery by turning off the phone and then press and hold the Volume up + Power button for 5-10 seconds until you see the MI logo.
- Once you have entered the custom recovery menu, go to WIPE > select Dalvik, Cache, Data, System, and swipe to wipe.
- Go back to the main menu and tap on install and then navigate to the Android 10 MIUI 10.4.8.0 firmware for Redmi K20 Pro and swipe to flash.
- Reboot your smartphone and enjoy Android 10.
If you are facing any issue with upgrading your smartphone to Android 10, then you can leave your comment below or you may even want to try some Android 10 based custom ROMs for Redmi K20 Pro.