How To Unlock The Bootloader Of Realme XT And Install TWRP
Realme is on a verge to release the Kernel source codes this month; previously we have seen Realme 5 Pro kernel codes were released, and now they have released it for Realme XT as well. Now we can unlock the bootloader of Realme XT just like we did it for other Realme devices previously.
The development of Realme devices are slower than Xiaomi’s devices, but recently we have seen that Realme is also catching the pace and getting more developments.
Realme XT was launched last month in India which is the first phone by Realme having a 64-megapixel sensor. It has a 6.4-inch Full HD screen protected by Gorilla Glass 5 with a plastic back and has an in-display fingerprint sensor with face unlock that gives a premium feel. The USB Type-C port supports fast charging along with the VOOC charger, which charges the device from 0-60 % within 30 minutes while heating the smartphone which we can ignore of course.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 710 Soc and boosted by 4GB, 6 GB and 8GB of RAM with different storage variants. The device runs on the latest ColorOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9 Pie. With the 64-megapixel camera, you can capture detailed landscape pictures along with close-up photos in all lighting conditions. Even if you zoom more than 5x, you will get a clear, detailed image with the 48-megapixel. The selfie camera being 16-megapixel works pretty well in all lighting conditions, but the 4k video recording is not up to the mark.
With a massive 4000mAh battery, the Realme XT can last long throughout the day under moderate usage of gaming, browsing, streaming videos and calling.
Unlock The Bootloader Of Realme XT
Unlocking any Realme device requires In-depth Testing APK which is provided by Realme, and you need to apply for permission to unlock the bootloader officially.
DISCLAIMER: We at Technolaty are not liable for any loss or damage you face while unlocking bootloaders, installing custom recoveries, ROM’s, kernels, patches etc. You are solely responsible for anything further. Please be advised that unlocking bootloaders on some devices voids the warranty of the device; please check it with the device’s company.
- Keep your mobile’s battery above 50% charged.
- Backup personal data from your smartphone to your computer.
- The USB Cable which is provided in the box
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers from here on your computer
- Download Realme XT In-Depth Testing Tool APK
- Update your Realme XT to the latest available update.
- Go to Settings on your phone and then Settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources
- Now install the In-Depth Testing Tool APK
- Follow the screen and install the App. Accept all the terms and conditions and then select Submit Application.
- Once you get the “Review successful” message then tap on the “Start the in-depth test“. This will reboot your phone into fastboot window.
- A message should pop up on your screen stating “fast boot_unlock_verify ok”.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the USB data cable.
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator.
- Now type the following command to check if the device is connected to your PC correctly:
- If the drivers are automatically installed and your device is connected, then you will be able to see the phone listed with a serial number in the Fastboot Window.
- Now enter the following command to enter bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone comes into bootloader mode, you must type the following command to unlock the bootloader of Realme X
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your smartphone, a warning message will be displayed. Using the Volume up button select OK and press the Power button. The bootloader will then get unlocked in few seconds and will reboot automatically.
Now you have officially unlocked the bootloader of Realme XT. The next thing you can do is install TWRP custom recovery, and then you will be able to flash custom ROMs and root Realme XT.
How To Install TWRP On Realme XT
After unlocking the bootloader, the next thing you must do on your phone is charging it. Because the process of unlocking the bootloader takes time, it consumes a lot of battery power.
Installing TWRP custom recovery will help you in many ways like you can take backup the entire operating system or any particular partition and restore it later if you brick your device for any reason. But, remember to store the backup to an external source. TWRP also helps in flashing custom ROMs and stock ROMs; you can even flash, kernels, patches, mods, custom boot animations, etc.
- ADB and Fastboot must be installed on your computer. We have already done it while unlocking the bootloader.
- Custom Recovery TWRP (mirror) This is an unofficial TWRP developed by thesprintster
- Turn off your device and reboot to TWRP fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously until you get a vibration.
- Connect your device to the computer using the data cable
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. You will see the “write successful” message on the CMD window on your computer.
- To check if you have successfully installed TWRP or not. Press and hold the Volume Up + Power Button together until you see the Realme Logo. Release the buttons, and it will boot to TWRP menu.
With TWRP now you will be able to flash Magisk which will help you get the root access of your Realme XT. You may also flash custom ROMs for your device, check the list of custom ROMs available over here.