How To Unlock Redmi Note 9 Pro Bootloader [Officially]
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Bootloader was launched last year, and now you can unlock the bootloader officially. In this article, we are going to share the tutorial to unlock Redmi Note 9 Pro bootloader effortlessly and efficiently.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro by Xiaomi is one of the budget-friendly smartphones launched last year in December, which has got its popularity for its massive 108MP camera. Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro is the world’s first smartphone with a 108MP camera and has a total of five cameras at the back. Qualcomm Snapdragon SDM730 powers the smartphone.
If you are willing to make your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro more powerful and explore more features that are not present in the stock MIUI operating system by Xiaomi, then you are at the correct place. We will be unlocking the bootloader, and then we can install a custom recovery like TWRP or OrangeFox, followed by we will be able to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro immediately.
Why is Bootloader Locked?
To know why a bootloader is locked, we must first understand what a bootloader is? A bootloader is a code of a program that is required for a smartphone or any other device to power up the operating system. It is not only a trait that is reserved for Android, but also it can find out the devices with an operating system such as a tablet, computer, or smartphone. To ensure the maximum security for the user, this is kept locked by the manufacturer so that the safety of the smartphone is not breached, and your data is safe even if your device is stolen/lost.
How to Unlock a Bootloader?
A bootloader on a smartphone can be unlocked by officially requesting the manufacturer where an account on the manufacturer’s website is required to authenticate that you are the real owner of the device, followed by a computer that is required to send the command to the smartphone. We will discuss how to unlock Redmi Note 9 Pro bootloader in this article below in detail.
Quick Overview of Redmi Note 9 Pro
The Redmi Note 9 Pro is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon SDM730 chipset that features two cores running at a maximum of 2.2Ghz and six other cores at 1.8Ghz. It is packed with the latest MIUI 11 based on Android Pie 9. The GPU is Adreno 618, which is ample enough for smooth gaming experience and watching videos without any glitch. The internal storage is of 128 GB, and RAM consists of 6GB that is more than enough for clicking 10000 pictures, playing 3-5 high-end games, etc.
Another best thing about this smartphone is the display, which is built on an AMOLED screen of 6.47-inch and has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 with an aspect ratio of 19:5:9 and a pixel density of 395 PPI. On the front of the screen, you can see a 32MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and at the back, you get five cameras:
- 108 MP (7P lens), f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, 2x optical zoom
- 5 MP (upscaled to 8MP), f/2.0, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 1.0µm, Laser AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
Connectivity on this smartphone is decent as you get a type-C charging port with a massive 5260 mAh battery that will provide a battery backup throughout the day over moderate usage. Bluetooth 5.0 is included along with Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
How To Unlock Redmi Note 9 Pro Bootloader
- Charge your Redmi Note 9 Pro above 70%
- Unlocking the bootloader erases everything so take a backup
- USB Type-C cable required
- Enable the developer’s mode
- Open the Settings menu on your phone and then click About
- Now search for Build Number and tap on it for 5-10 times until you get a message, “Developers mode turned on.”
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging
- Open the Settings menu on your phone and then go to Additional Settings
- Enable the OEM to unlock and USB Debugging over here
You need to download two files on your computer to unlock Redmi Note 9 Pro Bootloader. Download the two files from the link below.
- Extract the driver zip file and install the drivers on your computer. If you get an error while installing the driver, then follow this:
- Disable driver signature enforcement:
- Shut down your computer and then turn on while keeping the Shift Key pressed
- Now select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button
- Now press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
- Your computer will now restart, install unsigned drivers.
- Disable driver signature enforcement:
- Open the Mi Flash Tool folder and run miflashtool.exe as an administrator
- Click on Agree and sign in with your MI Account that is associated with your Mi Note 9 Pro
- Turn off your Redmi Note 9 Pro and then press Power Button + Volume Down for 5-10 seconds until you see the Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your mobile to the computer using the Type-C Cable.
- On your computer, click on Unlock on the Mi Flash Tool window and wait for the process to initiate.
- Your smartphone will automatically restart, and a message will pop up on your computer screen Unlocked Successfully.
You have completed the unlocking of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro bootloader. Now you can install a custom recovery like TWRP on your smartphone, and then you can root it using Magisk Manager. You may also consider installing custom ROM on your Redmi Note 9 Pro if you do not like the default MIUI user interface. Alternatively, you can find the Kernel Source Code on GitHub by the codename Curtana for Redmi Note 9 Pro.