The Redmi Note 8 Pro, with its impressive features and performance, becomes even more versatile when its Bootloader is unlocked. Unlocking the Bootloader opens the door to customization, allowing users to install custom recoveries, flash custom ROMs, and truly take control of their device. In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of unlocking the Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader.
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by the MediaTek Helio G90T Soc, which comes in two variants of 6GB and 8GB RAM along with 64GB and 128GB of internal storage.
Out of the box, you get an Android 9.0 Pie running on a massive screen of 6.5 inches with a resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels and a total of 395 pixels per inch. Furthermore, the selfie camera comes with a 20-megapixel sensor, and the rear camera consists of the latest 64MP + 8M + 2MP + 2MP quad-camera for professional photography.
The smartphone is boosted with a non-removable 4500 mAh battery, lasting a day or two over moderate usage.
Table of Contents
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is a type of lock that most companies nowadays ship with their smartphone. It is to secure the smartphone from security breaches or theft. Once you register your smartphone with the company’s accounts online cannot be formatted or reset until you make a formal request.
What are the benefits of unlocking the Bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
When you are about to unlock the BootloaderRedmi Note 8 Pro bootloader, you can explore many things and unlock the smartphone’s hidden power.
Disclaimer! Technolaty and its authors are not responsible for any damage while unlocking your smartphone’s Bootloader or installing TWRP. You are solely responsible for any loss. Unlocking the Bootloader might void the warranty of the smartphone.
How To Unlock Redmi Note 8 Pro Bootloader
Unlocking Bootloader Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader, codename Begonia is similar to all the Note series of Xiaomi’s Redmi smartphones. It is just like we unlocked the Redmi Note 7 Pro’s bootloader a few months back.
- Keep the battery of your smartphone charged above 50%
- Take a backup of your media files, documents, contacts, etc., because everything will get erased when you unlock the Bootloader.
- USB Data cable
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock on your smartphone by going to Settings > About > Software > Build Number and tapping on it repeatedly until you see the Developers mode turned on message.
- Go back to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > enable OEM unlock option and USB debugging
- On your computer, open the Mi Flash Tool and tap on Agree > Sign in with your MI Account
- Turn off your Redmi Note 8 Pro and press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down Button together until you boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the data cable.
- On the Mi Flash Tool, click “Unlock” and wait for the process to complete.
- Once everything is done, a message will appear on the window stating “Unlocked Successfully“. However, if this is your first time requesting to unlock the Bootloader of your Redmi Note 8 Pro, it will tell you to come back after 180-360 hours.
Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked the Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader.
To check the bootloader lock status on your Redmi Note 8 Pro:
- Go to Settings > About Phone and tap MIUI Version 5-10 times until it shows Developer options enabled.
- Now go back to Settings and click Additional Settings > Developers options.
- Scroll down and click on Mi “Unlock status.” You will see the message “This device is unlocked.”
How To Install TWRP on Redmi Note 8 Pro
After you have successfully unlocked the Bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, you can install TWRP on it by following the steps below:
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer
- Custom Recovery TWRP/OrangeFox/TWRP (Decryption working)
- Turn off your smartphone and press Volume Down Button + Power Button until you see the Mi logo.
- Now connect it to the computer using the USB data cable
- Go to C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Now type list devices (It will display your device on the ADB and fastboot tool window
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery. img and hit enter. You will see the “write successfully” message.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together to enter the custom recovery mode.
Once you have unlocked the Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader, you can flash various types of custom ROMS on your device. You can also upgrade your Redmi Note 8 Pro to Android 11 based on MIUI 12, which has many exciting features and security patches. Explore your device with more rooted stuff like Magisk or Supersu.
FAQs: Addressing Common Queries
- Q: Does unlocking the Bootloader void the warranty of the Redmi Note 8 Pro?
- A: Yes, unlocking the Bootloader typically voids the warranty. Users should check the manufacturer’s policy before proceeding.
- Q: Can I relock the Bootloader after unlocking it?
- A: Most manufacturers do not provide an official method to relock the Bootloader.
- Q: Will unlocking the Bootloader erase all Redmi Note 8 Pro data?
- A: Yes, unlocking the Bootloader involves wiping the device. It’s crucial to back up your data before starting the process.
- Q: Can I install custom ROMs immediately after unlocking the Bootloader?
- A: Locking the Bootloader lets you install custom recoveries and flash custom ROMs.
- Q: Are there risks involved in unlocking the Bootloader of Redmi Note 8 Pro?
- A: While the process is generally safe when followed correctly, there are risks, and users should be aware of potential complications.