Xiaomi has got its 8th Redmi Note series which is another budget-friendly smartphone earlier this month that is gaining popularity slowly. Now you can unlock Redmi Note 8 Pro Bootloader using MI Flash Tool officially and install TWRP through a secure method.
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by the MediaTek Helio G90T Soc which comes in two variants of 6GB and 8GB RAM along with 64GB and 128GB of internal storage.
Out of the box, you get Android 9.0 Pie running on a massive screen of 6.5 inches with a resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels and a total of 395 pixels per inch. Furthermore, the selfie camera comes with a 20-megapixel sensor, and the rear camera consists of the latest 64MP + 8M + 2MP + 2MP quad-camera for professional type photography.
The smartphone is boosted with a non-removable 4500 mAh battery which can last for a day or two over moderate usage.
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is a type of lock that most of the companies nowadays ship with their smartphone. It is to secure the smartphone from security breaching or theft. Once you register your smartphone with the companies accounts online, it cannot be formatted or reset until you put a request officially.
Benefits of Unlocking bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
When you are about to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 Pro, you will be able to explore many things and unlock the hidden power the smartphone is having.
Disclaimer! We at Technolaty and its authors are not responsible for any damage during the process of unlocking the bootloader of your smartphone or installing TWRP. You are solely responsible for any loss. Unlocking bootloader might void the warranty of the smartphone.
How To Unlock Redmi Note 8 Pro Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader of Redmi Note 8 Pro codename Begonia is similar to all the Note series of Xiaomi’s Redmi smartphones. It is just like we unlocked the Redmi Note 7 Pro’s bootloader a few months back.
- Keep the battery of your smartphone charged above 50%
- Take an entire backup of your media files, documents, contacts etc. because everything will get erased when you unlock the bootloader.
- USB Data cable
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock on your smartphone by going to Settings > About > Software > Build Number and tap on it repeatedly until you see the Developers mode turned on message.
- Go back to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > enable OEM unlock option and USB debugging
- On your computer open the Mi Flash Tool and tap on Agree > Sign in with your MI Account
- Turn off your Redmi Note 8 Pro and press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down Button together until you boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer using the data cable.
- On the Mi Flash Tool click on “Unlock” and wait for the process to complete.
- Once everything is done, a message will pop up on the window stating “Unlocked Successfully“. However, if this is your first time requesting for the unlocking the bootloader of your Redmi Note 8 Pro, then it will tell you to come back after 180-360 hours.
Congratulations, now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
To check if the bootloader lock status on your Redmi Note 8 Pro:
- Go to Settings > About Phone and tap MIUI Version 5-10 times until it shows Developer options enabled.
- Now go back to Settings and then click on Additional Settings > Developers options.
- Scroll down and click on Mi “Unlock status” You will see the message “This device is unlocked.”
How To Install TWRP on Redmi Note 8 Pro
After you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, you can install TWRP on it by following the steps below:
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer
- Custom Recovery TWRP/OrangeFox/TWRP (Decryption working)
- Turn off your smartphone and press Volume Down Button + Power Button until you see the Mi logo.
- Now connect it to the computer using the USB data cable
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Now type list devices (It will display your device on the ADB and fastboot tool window
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. You will see the “write successfully” message.
- Now press and hold Volume Up and Power button together to enter the custom recovery mode.