Welcome Realme users, now you can unlock Realme 5 Pro bootloader and install TWRP custom recovery on your device. The wait is finally over, and you can explore your device and block those ads on your favourite applications and games by rooting and installing an adblocking service to the host.
Unlocking the bootloader of Realme 5 Pro will erase all the data from the smartphone. So, please backup all the personal data, photos, videos, etc. from your mobile to an external device or computer. There may be unforeseeable impacts on your phone due to the in-depth test, and some functions may not work properly if you flash a custom ROM.
Realme also mentions that personal and confidential information may leak and security may be compromised. Also, the in-depth test may modify some system functions and might prevent your device from installing OTA updates. After unlocking the bootloader of Realme 5 Pro, the Widevine L1 will be replaced by Widevine L3.
Why Unlock Realme 5 Pro Bootloader
Once you unlock the bootloader of Realme 5 Pro you will be able to install TWRP you will take a backup of the entire stock ROM. You can flash new custom ROMs and custom kernels from the TWRP recovery. Unlocking the bootloader on and Android device gives you the ability to flash Magisk, which helps in accessing the root directory of your device. Hence, it lets you install applications like Adaway, which blocks advertisements sitewide.
If you brick your device by installing any custom ROM or by flashing any mod, then you can flash the stock ROM or restore a previous backup stored on your computer or any external storage.
How to Unlock Realme 5 Pro Bootloader
- Please make sure that the battery is above 75% on your phone
- ADB and Fastboot must be installed on your PC. Check the guide to install ADB and Fastboot
- USB Cable
- Realme 5 Pro Deeptesting APK Download
- Make sure your Realme 5 Pro is up to date. If there is any available update, then update it first.
- Install the Realme 5 Pro Deeptesting APK
- When asked about permission, then allow it and install. (Or navigate to Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources. Go back and install the Bootloader Unlock APK.
- Follow the screen and install the App. Accept all the terms and conditions and then select Submit Application.
- After applying, within 1 hour, you will get the status of unlocking request. If you get the unlocking successful message, then click on the “Start the in-depth test”.
- The device will reboot automatically, and a message should pop up on your screen stating “fast boot_unlock_verify ok”.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the USB data cable.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator.
- Now type the following command to check if the device is connected to your PC correctly:
- If the drivers are installed and your device is connected, then you will be able to see the phone listed with a serial number in the Fastboot Window.
- Now enter the following command to enter bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone comes into bootloader mode, you must type the following command to unlock the bootloader of Realme 5 Pro
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your smartphone, a warning message will be displayed. Using the Volume up button select OK and press the Power button. The bootloader will then get unlocked in few seconds and will reboot automatically.
Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Realme 5 Pro officially. Next, you can proceed to install TWRP recovery. But, make sure you have your device battery charged above 50% already.
How to Install TWRP On Realme 5 Pro
TWRP for Realme 5 Pro is still on an unofficial version, but the features are impressive. Decryption works, OTG works backup and restore no issues. You can flash custom ROMs based on Android Pie from internal storage or SD Cards.
- ADB and Fastboot (you have already installed it while unlocking the bootloader)
- USB Type C Cable (provided in the box)
- Custom Recovery TWRP (mirror) This is an unofficial TWRP developed by thesprintster
- Turn off your smartphone and press Volume Down Button + Power Button for few seconds until you get a vibration
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. You will see the “write successful” message on successfully flashing the custom recovery.
- Now press and hold Volume Up and Power button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Realme boot logo to enter the custom recovery mode.
Once you have installed TWRP on Realme 5 Pro, you can then install custom ROM and root your device with Magisk.