Now you can unlock Mi Note 10 Bootloader officially using the Mi Flash Tool and then it will allow you to install TWRP or PitchBlack custom recovery.
Xiaomi launched the Mi Note 10 two weeks ago which is somewhat atypical release by the company. While it has been synonymous with the company so far, it has brought some impressive camera hardware upgrades.
The Mi Note 10 has become one of the best options for most prospective buyers as it has promising hardware specifications and a premium design. Although it is not a flagship phone, we can call it a sub-premium device as it can handle day-to-day tasks effortlessly.
The smartphone lacks behind in many perspectives such as the stereo speakers, no ingress protection and the SoC is not the best which other brands are providing at a price. Xioami is selling Mi Note 10 based on the USP’s that is the massive 5260 mAh battery paired with 30 W fast charging which charges the phone from 0-100 % within an hour.
For a full specification, you can check this article where you will be able to install the Global Stock ROM for your Mi Note 10 as well.
How To Unlock MI Note 10 Bootloader Officially
Unlocking any Xiaomi smartphone is easy and almost indulges the same method. However, you will need to get prepared with certain things before you proceed to unlock MI Note 10 bootloader. Please download the required drivers and software from below for hassle-free experience.
- Keep your Mi Note 10 battery charged above 50%
- USB Data Cable provided in the box
- Backup your data, files, etc because everything will be erased when the Mi Note 10 bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging – Go to the phone Settings > About > Software > Build Number (tap on it constantly until you see the Developers mode turned on message).
- Enable OEM Unlock – Go to the phone Settings > Additional Settings > Developers Options > Scroll down and search for OEM unlock (enable it).
- On your computer open the Mi Flash Tool and tap on Agree > Sign in with your MI Account
- Turn off your MI Note 10 and press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down Button together until you boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer using the data cable.
- On the Mi Flash Tool click on “Unlock” and wait for the process to complete.
- Once everything is done, a message will pop up on the window stating “Unlocked Successfully“. However, if this is your first time requesting for the unlocking the bootloader of your MI Note 10, then it will tell you to come back after 180-360 hours.
Congratulations, now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the MI Note 10.
To check if the bootloader lock status on your MI Note 10:
- Go to Settings > About Phone and tap MIUI Version 5-10 times until it shows Developer options enabled.
- Now go back to Settings and then click on Additional Settings > Developers options.
- Scroll down and click on Mi “Unlock status” You will see the message “This device is unlocked.”
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP, PitchBlack, OrangeFox
- Take a nandroid backup of your current ROM
- Restore an old backup if you have bricked your device
- Install Magisk or SuperSu and root your device
- Flash custom ROM’s and stock ROM’s
- Change/create partitions
- Change partition type from Ext to F2Fs, ext4 to F2Fs or vice versa
- Format your device
- Mount storage, system, external sd card, vendor, etc using custom recovery
- Remove pre-installed bloatware
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- Chances of bricking device if instructions aren’t followed carefully
- Warranty is void
- OTA updates of stock ROM cannot be installed
How To Install TWRP/OrangeFox
- Turn off your smartphone and press Volume Down Button + Power Button until you see the Mi logo.
- Now connect it to the computer using the USB data cable
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Now type list devices (It will display your device on the ADB and fastboot tool window
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. You will see the “write successfully” message.
- Now press and hold Volume Up and Power button together to enter the custom recovery mode.