Guide To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi K30
Today, we will discuss a simple guide to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi K30, which will take only 10 minutes if you have kept the resources ready. After unlocking the bootloader, you can perform specific things that can help you explore more.
Xiaomi launched Redmi K30 last year in December 2019 in China, which is a successor of the Redmi K20, which is available worldwide. While the Redmi K30 smartphone is rumored to be the rebranded model of POCO X2, we can assume it to be accurate as the specifications match the same.
The bootloader on Redmi K30 is locked by Xiaomi, which can be unlocked easily with the help of a computer. After the release of the Kernel Source-Codes on Github, developers might start porting custom ROMs soon.
About Xiaomi Redmi K30
The Redmi K30 comes with a large 6.67-inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors. It has an 84.8% screen-to-body ratio with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 ratio with a pixel density of 395 PPI. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 that can save it from normal scratches from keys, coins, and shortfalls. It also has a 120Hz screen refresh rate that can be a boon for mobile gamers.
There are four cameras at the rear which can shoot brilliant videos and capture amazing images. You will get a 64MP primary camera at f/1.9 along with an 8MP ultrawide camera at f/2.2 plus 5MP dedicated macro camera at f/2.4 and 2MP depth sensor at f/2.4. In the front, you get Dual 20MP primary and secondary 2MP depth sensor at f/2.2 and f/2.4, respectively. Both the sides cameras can record 1080p videos and 4K at the back.
Performance & Battery
The Redmi K30 is packed with a massive 4500 mAh battery that can backup the smartphone for a day easily on moderate usage. It can charge at 30W, which can juice up the battery within 60 minutes. The connectivity options are wide where you get Bluetooth 5.1, dual-band A-GPS, Glonass, NFC, Fm Radio, Type-C port, Infrared, etc. There are 4 variants of Redmi K30: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM.
What is Bootloader?
In simple terms, the bootloader is the door of a smartphone that is locked so that intruders cannot steal anything. A bootloader is a fragment of code that keeps your device intact and boots it usually. It is a liaison between the hardware and the software that works together to provide the necessary information to the user.
The bootloader on a smartphone is generally locked by the OEM to prevail in any hack or breach of the system. Unlocking bootloader lets you install custom recoveries, which also enables you to install custom ROMs, kernels, patches, rooting, etc.
Unlock Bootloader On Redmi K30
Unlocking bootloader on Xiaomi smartphones is the same and doesn’t require much technical knowledge. It includes the use of a computer and your smartphone, along with your MI account that is associated.
- Take a backup of your data and files
- Type-C Cable
- Keep your Redmi K30 minimum 50% charged
- You need to Enable Developers Mode, OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging.
- Go to the Settings and open About followed by Software and then tap on Build Number for 5-8 times till you see the message Developers mode turned on.
- Now go back to the Settings of your phone and open Additional Settings, here search for the Developer Options and then open it, inside here you will get to see OEM unlock and USB Debugging options. Enable both of them.
- After downloading the drivers, extract them, and install them.
- Disable driver signature enforcement:
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
- When your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
- Your computer will now restart, and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers.
- Disable driver signature enforcement:
- Next extract the MI Flash Tool zip file and double click on miflashtool.exe
- Click on Agree, then click on Sign in with your MI Account.
- Here you can sign in to your MI account in different ways. Select the method with which you are comfortable.
- Turn off your Redmi K30 and then press Power Button + Volume Down for 5-10 seconds until you see the Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your mobile to the computer using the Type-C Cable.
- On your computer, click on Unlock on the Mi Flash Tool window and wait for the process to initiate.
- Your smartphone will automatically restart, and a message will pop up on your computer screen Unlocked Successfully.
To ensure that the entire process of unlocking the bootloader on Redmi K30, you may go to the settings of your smartphone and tap on the MIUI version for 5-10 times until you get the Developer options enabled. Next fo to the Additional Settings > Developers options and then scroll down to check the MI Unlock Status. If everything has gone correctly, then you will see the message. This device is unlocked.