Have you recently purchased a Realme smartphone? Are you tired of the unwanted applications installed on your device? We have a solution to uninstall unwanted apps from Realme without root privileges.
Realme has been in the market quite late in the market and gives fierce competition to Xiaomi, Vivo, etc. The company sells smartphones at affordable prices with some promising hardware specifications. Realme sells over a dozen smartphones starting from the entry-level to the premium range segments. While they offer some promising features and hardware, it is limited to the operating system naming Color OS, which I’m not too fond of it.
However, if you already own a device of Realme, then you must be aware of the bloatware installed in the smartphone and cannot be uninstalled by a simple method through the applications manager. In this article, we will help you uninstall unwanted apps from Realme without root access.
How To Uninstall Bloatware From Realme With Root
To uninstall bloatware from a Realme smartphone, we need to keep a few things ready before proceeding.
- A computer/laptop.
- USB Cable.
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer/laptop.
- Enable Developer Options – Go to the Settings of your phone and then click on About Phone and then tap on the Build Number for seven times. (You will get a message “Developers mode enabled.”
- Enable USB Debugging mode – Go back to the Settings menu and select Developers Options and scroll down and tick the “USB Debugging” option.
Steps To Uninstall Unwanted Apps From Realme
Step 1: Go to C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on py_cmd.exe and run it as administrator (for Windows 64 bit systems).
Step 2: Connect your Realme smartphone to your computer using the USB Data Cable.
Step 3: Type the following command in the Command Prompt Window to check if your device is successfully connected.
Step 4: Now type the following command and press Enter.
Step 5: Following are the individual commands to uninstall unwanted apps from the Realme smartphone. You may select the ones you want to remove from your device.
- App Market: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.oppo.market
- Browser: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.nearme.browser
- Calculator: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.calculator
- Compass: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.compass2
- Music: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.oppo.music
- Recorder: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.soundrecorder
- Roaming: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.redteamobile.roaming
- Screen Recorder: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.screenrecorder
- Smart Assistant: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.assistantscreen
- Video: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.video
- Weather: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.weather.service | pm uninstall –k ––
- user 0 com.coloros.weather2
- Gmail: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.google.android.gm
- Google Calendar: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.google.android.calendar
- Google Drive: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs
- Google Keep: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.google.android.keep
- Google Maps: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.google.android.apps.maps
- Talkback: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.google.android.marvin.talkback
- Youtube: pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.google.android.youtube
- pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
- pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.facebook.services
- pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.facebook.system
Once you have removed the bloatware from your Realme smartphone, you can turn USB Debugging off. For that you may go to Settings > Developers options > untick USB Debugging and also turn off Developers options.
Uninstalling the unwanted applications from your smartphone frees up the storage and also helps in saving the battery backup by conserving the RAM. Make sure you have decided on which apps you do not require because once you uninstall them, you can never get them back unless and until you flash the stock ROM again.
Q. Will I lose warranty if I uninstall pre-installed apps?
A. No, you will not lose the warranty for uninstalling apps.
Q. Will my device behave abnormally after uninstalling the unwanted apps?
A. Some apps require other services to run like the weather is needed for the widget.
Q. How can I install the apps back that I uninstalled?
A. Once you uninstall, you cannot revert. However, you may install the apps individually from various sources.
Q. Can I disable developer options after the work is done?
A. Yes, we also recommend you turning it off.
Q. Can I uninstall the apps with root access?
A. Yes, there are many applications available on the Play Store.