Tutorial for Realme X Bootloader Unlock [Official Method]
If you are planning to get more out of your Realme X, then you are at the right place. We are going to elaborate a tutorial for Realme X bootloader unlock in a step by step guide. Please read everything carefully and have patience.
We believe you were eager to unlock the bootloader of Realme X which you own from the very first day like us. The company has finally released the Kernel Source Codes on Github which will enable developers to port custom ROM’s, custom Kernels and other patches for the device. Before you proceed, you must be aware that the process of Realme X bootloader unlock will result in replacing the Widevine L1 with Widevine L3.
Unlocking bootloader and installing custom ROM’s are impressive, you get to explore more from your device, and it also helps your time, gives better performance and makes things easier in day to day life activities on your smartphone. After the bootloader of Realme X is unlocked you can install TWRP followed by custom ROM’s like Lineage OS or Pixel Experience that is already ported for the device.
Realme X is one of the best flagship smartphones by Realme which is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC, which is as efficient and powerful like the Snapdragon 845 and 855 based smartphones. It is boosted by 8 GB of RAM and runs daily applications smoothly and heavy games like PUBG, Fortnite runs like butter by giving 40-60 FPS continuously.
With a vibrant 6.53 inch, 1080 X 2340 AMOLED display the Realme X gives a luxurious experience while using it. The front-facing camera comes on a motorised popup style which is 16 Megapixel that we can see on Oneplus 7 Pro and has a fully notch-less edge to edge display. The device can be expanded up to 128 GB using an external micro SD card and holds a 3765 mAh battery which can juice up the device through the day. At the back, we can see a dual-lens 48 Megapixel primary sensor with a secondary 5 Megapixel in-depth sensor.
Why Unlock Realme X Bootloader
Realme X Bootloader Unlock can help you with a lot of things. It opens the door to install a custom recovery like TWRP which has many features like taking a NANDROID backup and save it on your computer, in case you brick your device then you can even restore that backup. TWRP also lets you install custom ROM’s and Kernels. It also lets you root your device with Magisk or SuperSu. Initially, you will be giving root access to applications such as Adaway for blocking ads on your device completely, run Youtube Vanced which has inbuilt ad-blocking technology and can be played in the background.
DISCLAIMER: We at Technolaty are not liable for any loss or damage you face while unlocking bootloaders, installing custom recoveries, ROM’s, kernels, patches etc. You are solely responsible for anything further. Please be advised that unlocking bootloaders on some devices voids the warranty of the device; please check it with the device’s company.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme X
- Please make sure that the battery is charged above 75% on your phone
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. Please follow the guide to install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC or Macbook or Linux based PC.
- USB Cable (Provided in the box)
- Backup all your data and files (unlocking bootloader will erase everything)
- Download Realme X Bootloader Unlock APK
- Make sure your Realme X is up to date. If there is any available update, then update it first.
- Install the Realme X Bootloader Unlock APK
- When asked about permission, then allow it and install. (Or navigate to Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources. Go back and install the Bootloader Unlock APK.
- Follow the screen and install the App. Accept all the terms and conditions and then select Submit Application.
- This will help you get verified by Realme about the device’s integrity and get the approval to unlock the bootloader.
- When everything is done, you will be receiving a message that notes “Review Accepted“. Now in the next step, you will require the PC to unlock your Realme X.
- On your, Realme X open the Bootloader Unlock application and tap on the “start in-depth test” button. This will reboot your device to fastboot boot.
- A message should pop up on your screen stating “fast boot_unlock_verify ok”.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the USB data cable.
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator.
- Now type the following command to check if the device is connected to your PC correctly:
- If the drivers are automatically installed and your device is connected, then you will be able to see the phone listed with a serial number in the Fastboot Window.
- Now enter the following command to enter bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone comes into bootloader mode, you must type the following command to unlock the bootloader of Realme X
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your smartphone, a warning message will be displayed. Using the Volume up button select OK and press the Power button. The bootloader will then get unlocked in few seconds and will reboot automatically.
Congratulations! Now you have officially unlocked the bootloader of Realme X. Now you have the full authority of your phone. You can install TWRP on Realme X now and then custom ROM’s. Stay updated with us and we will bring more new and interesting things for your device.