Oppo has announced to let the users officially unlock bootloader of Realme 3 and Realme 3 pro. In this article, we will help you to unlock the bootloader on your Realme 3 and Pro along with installing TWRP on it, which will then help you to root your device as well.
The Realme 3 Pro is an incredibly attractive phone, without a doubt. In other words, the Realme 3 Pro is the finest in gaming at this price tag, due to Adreno 616. The majority of the smartphones by the company have been appreciated to provide powerful specifications at an inexpensive price point. It comes with Snapdragon 710 chipset while Realme 3 comes with MT6771 Helio P60 and the Mali-G72 GPU but, both the smartphones support VOOC charging that we see on Oneplus devices. The handset can also run Fortnite with no performance troubles.
The phone includes a gradient finish on the back and an excellent design. Besides, it has a Riding Mode feature to assist users when they are riding a vehicle. It also comes with the fingerprint sensor on the back of the device.
The rear dual-camera setup captures excellent images with punchy colors, a superb number of dynamic variety, and a small contrast in ideal colors. Additionally, you don’t have many choices to customize. You’ve got to tap the menu option below the camera app and decide on the Expert mode. The shortage of an ultra-wide-angle lens is a bit disappointing since lots of the competition now has it. The camera app has a straightforward design and is user-friendly. Upfront, it is a 25MP selfie camera. Low light photos seem okay but can likewise be grainy. Selfie portraits are magnificent too, although they don’t get the advantage of a dedicated depth-sensing camera.
The device includes a 4,045mAh Li-ion battery that’s great to supply long-time power backup. It is light and easy to use in one hand, although it has a big screen. Realme 3 Pro’s advantage is it includes a larger RAM capacity for much better multitasking.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Realme 3 and 3 Pro
- Please make sure that the battery is charged above 75% on your phone
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. Please follow the guide to install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC or Macbook or Linux based PC.
- USB Cable (Provided in the box)
- Backup all your personal data and files (unlocking bootloader will erase everything)
- Download Realme 3 Pro Bootloader Unlock APK
- Make sure your Real 3 or Realme 3 Pro is up to date. If there is any available update then update it first.
- Install the Realme 3 Pro Bootloader Unlock APK
- When asked about permission then allow it and install. (Or navigate to Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources. Go back and install the Bootloader Unlock APK.
- Follow the screen and install the App. Accept all the terms and conditions and then select Submit Application.
- This will help you get verified by Realme about the device’s integrity and get the approval to unlock the bootloader.
- When everything is done, you will be receiving a message that notes “Review Accepted“. Now in the next step, you will require the PC to unlock your Realme 3 or Pro.
Now on your PC follow these steps:
- On your Realme 3 or Pro open the Bootloader Unlock application and tap on the “start in-depth test” button. This will reboot your device to fastboot boot.
- A message should pop up on your screen stating “fast boot_unlock_verify ok”.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the USB data cable.
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator.
- Now type the following command to check if the device is connected to your PC properly:
- If the drivers are automatically installed and your device is connected then you will be able to see the phone listed with a serial number in the Fastboot Window.
- Now enter the following command to enter bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone enters into bootloader mode, you must type the following command to unlock the bootloader of Realme 3 or Pro
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your smartphone, a warning message will be displayed. Using the Volume up button, select OK and press the Power button. The bootloader will then get unlocked in few seconds and will reboot automatically.
How to Install Custom Recovery on Realme 3 and 3 Pro
Custom Recoveries enables you to install custom ROMs and custom Kernels. It is a modified kind of recovery that permits you to execute several added tasks. A custom recovery denotes the denotes that it has been developed by third-party developers and not the device manufacturer. Custom recoveries like TWRP or OrangeFox have the capability to create and restore device backups.
- Keep your Realme 3 or Pro charged above 75%
- ADB and Fastboot (follow the instructions and install it)
- USB Micro (provided in the box)
- Custom Recovery TWRP/OrangeFox/PitchBlack – download any one of them (make sure you extract the file if it is in zip format and after extraction, you will get a .img extension file which you need to rename it as recovery.img)
- Turn off your smartphone and press Volume Down Button + Power Button for few seconds until you get a vibration
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. You will see the “write successful” message on successfully flashing the custom recovery.
- Now press and hold Volume Up and Power button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Realme boot logo to enter the custom recovery mode.
How To Root Realme 3 & Realme 3 Pro
If you want to root Realme 3 or Pro, then make sure you have the latest TWRP or OrangeFox custom recovery installed. Also, download the latest Magisk V18 and above for uninterrupted experience.
Rooting and unrooting your device is a lot of lengthy processes, and nobody likes to do such a task again and again. Magisk helps users to root your device easily and in a few seconds only if you have a custom recovery installed.
Many financial applications do not allow you to use their services if they find out that your device is rooted. Magisk over here helps you to use your rooted device along with the banking applications without any trial or error by hiding the root from the Magisk Manager application.
- Download and copy the Magisk stable or beta version on your device’s internal storage (I would recommend the stable version).
- Reboot to Custom Recovery (turn off your device and then press the Power Button + Volume Up button together until you get a vibration).
- Tap the install button on the recovery interface
- Locate the downloaded Magisk zip file and slide to install
- Reboot to the system and find the Magisk App (if it is not there then install the Magisk Manager APK from the downloaded folder)
While you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP on your Realme 3 and Pro. The next big thing you can do is install a custom ROM on your device using the TWRP menu and explore new features.
Deep test apk don’t working. Please help me how to unlock or enter fastboot menu without it
in andoid q the “Realme 3 Pro – Bootloader Unlock.apk” dosent install
many many people stuck in androidQ and cant rollback to ColorOs-Pie
please make apk to install on androidQ
thanks a lot sir
Same problem here