The company with many new features released the beta version of MIUI 12 for Xiaomi Smartphones. Xiaomi revealed the new Mi 10 Youth Edition would be coming with the latest MIUI 12 at an event launch in China. With much-awaiting features like the Dark Mode 2.0, a newly revamped control center, motion wallpapers, AOD screens, improved gestures, and much more can be seen in the new MIUI 12.
The MIUI 12 Beta is currently rolled in the China region and will be available for global users by the end of June 2020. While the MIUI 12 is meant for only the beta testers and Xiaomi already shut the Beta testing for public users last year has put a question mark on using its latest update. Do not worry; you can still download and install MIUI 12 for Xiaomi smartphones if you have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
The following MIUI 12 Beta builds are based on Android Pie 9 and Android 10 for selected devices. If your device is not listed below, then you will have to install a ported custom ROM from some developer. All the Beta versions listed below are officially released and hosted by Xiaomi on their servers.
List Of MIUI 12 For Xiaomi Smartphones
The update will be pushed to these devices officially in batches; please check the list below to see the available update for your device.[toggle title=”First Batch” state=”close”]
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Pro
- Mi 10 Youth Edition
- Mi 9 Pro 5G
- Mi 9
- Redmi K30 Pro/ K30 Pro Zoom
- Redmi K30 5G/ 4G
- Redmi K20 Pro/ K20 Pro Premium Edition
- Redmi K20 [/toggle]
- Mi Mix 3
- Mi Mix 2S
- Mi CC9 Pro
- Mi CC9 Meitu Edition
- Mi9 SE
- Mi 8 Transparent Edition
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi Note 7 [/toggle]
- Mi CC9e
- Mi Note 3
- Mi Max 3
- Mi 8 Youth Edition
- Mi 8 SE
- Mi Mix 2
- Mi 6X
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi 8
- Redmi 8A
- Redmi 7
- Redmi 7A
- Redmi 6 Pro
- Redmi 6
- Redmi 6A
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi S2 [/toggle]
Download MIUI 12 For Xiaomi Smartphones
|Sr. No.||Device/Device Codename||Android Version||Download Link|
|1.||Mi 10 (umi)||Android 10||Download|
|2.||Mi 10 Pro (cmi)||Android 10||Download|
|3.||Mi 9 (cepheus)||Android 10||Download|
|4.||Mi 9 Pro 5G (crux)||Android 10||Download|
|5.||Mi 9 SE (grus)||Android 10||Download|
|6.||Mi 9 Lite/Mi CC9 (pyxis)||Android 10||Download|
|7.||Mi 8 (dipper)||Android 10||Download|
|8.||Mi 8 Pro (equuleus)||Android 10||Download|
|9.||Mi 8 Lite (platina)||Android 10||Download|
|10.||Mi 8 SE (sirius)||Android 10||Download|
|11.||Mi 8 Explorer Edition (ursa)||Android 10||Download|
|12.||Mi 6 (sagit)||Android 10||Download|
|13.||Mi 6X (wayne)||Android 9||Download|
|14.||Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)||Android 10||Download|
|15.||Redmi Note 7/7S (lavender)||Android 10||Download|
|16.||Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet)||Android 10||Download|
|17.||Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)||Android 9||Download|
|18.||Redmi K20/Mi 9T (davinci)||Android 10||Download|
|19.||Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro (raphael)||Android 10||Download|
|20.||Redmi K30 Pro (lmi)||Android 10||Download|
|21.||Redmi K30 5G (picasso)||Android 10||Download|
|22.||POCO X2/Redmi K30 4G (phoenix)||Android 10||Download|
|23.||Mi Note 3 (jason)||Android 9||Download|
|24.||Mi Note 10/Mi CC9 Pro (tucana)||Android 10||Download|
|25.||Mi Mix 2 (chiron)||Android 9||Download|
|26.||Mi Mix 3 (perseus)||Android 10||Download|
|27.||Mi Mix 2S (polaris)||Android 10||Download|
|28.||Mi CC9 Meitu Edition (vela)||Android 10||Download|
|29.||Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)||Android 10||Download|
|30.||Mi CC9e (laurus)||Android 10||NA|
Changelog And New Features Of MIUI 12
- New: All-new, physically-based animation engines with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring essential things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 for Xiaomi is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permit is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use a camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in-app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- Unique: Customized addresses are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- Unique: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open the Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- Fresh: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
New File Manager
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your schedule much more straightforward.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
How To Upgrade To MIUI 12 For Xiaomi
To flash MIUI 12 on any Xiaomi smartphone, you need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed. Keep the battery charged above 50% before installing MIUI 12 ROM on your device.
Step 1: Download the MIUI 12 Beta ROM from the link above. Match the device and codename.
Step 2: Take a backup of your files, apps, media, etc. to an external source.
Step 3: Reboot to custom recovery by turning off your Xiaomi smartphone. Press and hold the Volume Up + Power Button together for a few seconds until you get a vibration.
Step 4: Go to Wipe and tick Dalvik, Cache, System, Data, and swipe to wipe.
Step 5: Go back to the recovery menu homepage and select install.
Step 6: Navigate to the folder where you have the MIUI 12 Beta ROM, select it, and tick auto reboot. Finally, swipe to flash it.
Step 7: Once the process is complete, the phone will reboot to the system.
Step 8: Setup your newly install MIUI 12 for Xiaomi mobile and enjoy it.