[Official] Download LineageOS 17.1 Custom ROM for Android
The developers of the LineageOS have officially released the Android 10 version for LineageOS 17.1. They have released for about 52 devices with tried and tested methods. The custom ROMs will bring a new era to custom ROM developers because they will be getting the latest Android 10 based LineageOS as their base ROM.
LineageOS is a popular custom ROM in the Android community; we will see many new features compared to the stock Android in LineageOS 17.1. The good news is that the developers of LineageOS have added new features that are based on the Google Pixel 4 and 4XL Android OS and some more unique characteristics of their own.
In the beginning, CyanogenMod was the name for LineageOS that was built and designed for smartphone users with low hardware specifications. The main aim was to deliver the best performance and keeping stability in mind. LineageOS has a dedicated community where both developers and users work together at reporting the bugs and requesting new features.
New Features of LineageOS 17.1
- One of the most demanded features, a partial screenshot UI has been implemented where you can hand-select the smaller parts of the screen and also edit it.
- After CyanogenMod 13.0 migration, the support for custom themes was abolished. The good news is that they have brought back this feature.
- There is a new ThemePicker app where you can select from a wide range of accent colors and implement styles according to your wish.
- Fonts can be changed, with the additional support of shape, icon style changer for WiFi/Aeroplane mode icons, etc.
- Now you can use your biometric sensor to authenticate and protect your apps from the launcher.
- The Android security patches till March 2020 has been included in the new build. The builds are based on the android-10.0.0_r31 tag, which is also for the Pixel 4/4 XL’s tag.
- The availability of the Wi-Fi display is back once again.
- With new smartphones that have on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD), the feature has been implemented.
- New mechanical hardware camera support added for pop-up and rotating cameras.
- Language support has been extended to Australian English, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian and Turkish. Also, AOSP keyboard spell checking has been added.
- Support for emoji 12.0 has been added in the AOSP keyboard.
- The WebView is updated to Chromium 80.0.3987.132.
Download LineageOS 17.1 Custom ROM
The following list of supported devices is taken from Lineageos.org. You can find your device name and click on the download link provided below. The instructions to install the LineageOS 17.1 custom ROM are provided on the Wiki page for each individual device.
|Device name||Wiki Page||ROM Maintainers|
|Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL)||I01WD||luca020400, OrdenKrieger|
|HTC One 2014||m8||bgcngm|
|HTC One 2014 (Dual-SIM)||m8d||bgcngm|
|LG G2 (AT&T)||d800||YoDevil|
|LG G2 (Canada)||d803||YoDevil|
|LG G2 (International)||d802||YoDevil|
|LG G2 (T-Mobile)||d801||YoDevil|
|LG G3 (AT&T)||d850||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (Canada)||d852||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (International)||d855||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (Korea)||f400||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (T-Mobile)||d851||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (Verizon)||vs985||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G5 (Global)||rs988||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG G5 (International)||h850||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG G5 (T-Mobile)||h830||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (AT&T)||h910||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (Global)||h990||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (Sprint)||ls997||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (T-Mobile)||h918||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (US Unlocked)||us996||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (Verizon)||vs995||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|Moto G6 Plus (XT1926-2/3/5/6/7/8/9)||evert||Jleeblanch|
|Moto G7||river||erfanoabdi, npjohnson, SyberHexen|
|Moto G7 Plus (XT1965-2/3/6)||lake||Jleeblanch|
|Moto Z2 Force (XT1789-02/3/4/5/6/7)||nash||npjohnson, erfanoabdi|
|Motorola One Power (XT1942-1/2)||chef||Hasaber8|
|OnePlus 6||enchilada||luca020400, LuK1337|
|OnePlus 7 Pro||guacamole||LuK1337, Tortel|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295)||jactivelte||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)||jflteatt||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-R970/C/X, SPH-L720)||jfltespr||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition (GT-I9515/L)||jfvelte||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)||jfltevzw||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/G, SGH-I337M, SGH-M919)||jfltexx||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Wi-Fi (SM-T720)||gts4lvwifi||bgcngm, LuK1337|
|Sony Xperia XA2||pioneer||cdesai, LuK1337, Stricted|
|Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra||discovery||LuK1337|
|Sony Xperia 10||kirin||LuK1337|
|Sony Xperia 10 Plus||mermaid||LuK1337|
|Xiaomi Poco F1||beryllium||bgcngm, warabhishek|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||sagit||ArianK16a, Elektroschmock|
|Xiaomi Mi 8||dipper||infrag|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix 2||chiron||mikeioannina, wight554|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S||polaris||bgcngm|
|ZUK Z2 Plus||z2_plus||DD3Boh|
Other features of LineageOS 17.1
- Every device is entitled to get its own Lineage recovery which is a custom recovery to flash the new LineageOS.
- The ThemePicker app has deprecated the Styles API.
- The developers have superseded the PrivacyGuard by AOSP’s new PermissionHub. A more decent and equivalent feature that directly conflicted all attempts to forward-port the PrivacyGuard.
- The new AOSP navigation gestures have led to dropping the expanded desktop feature.
- Expanded Desktop has been dropped in favor of the new AOSP navigation gestures.
How to Flash LineageOS 17.1
Flashing a custom ROM on an Android device requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed. Many manufacturers allow installing custom ROM’s without unlocking the bootloader. However, we suggest you search for your device under the tutorials section or visit the Wiki page.