How To Unlock Redmi K20 Pro Bootloader And Install Custom Recovery
Unlock Redmi K20 Pro Bootloader officially and install a custom recovery like TWRP or Pitch Black. You can even root Redmi K20 Pro by flashing Magisk and flash custom ROM on it.
Xiaomi’s Redmi lineup is primarily related to budget devices that offer excellent bang for the buck. Therefore, if you’re not fond of any company, you can decide according to your financial plan. PUBG Mobile fans will adore the optimizations provided by Redmi K20 Pro. Surprisingly there isn’t any expandable storage but, you already possess the very best hardware in your hands.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro is among the very best budget smartphone readily available on the market. The red accent on the other side also increases the K20 pro’s in general appearance. It’s possible for you to hibernate any app you desire. The smartphone is made using impressive hardware and is retailed at economical rates.
In summary, it isn’t going anywhere unless your phone falls on concrete or suffers some kind of damage. The phone also includes a heat dissipation system to stop it from overheating when you’re playing high-end games. The smartphone has an in-display fingerprint scanner, together with face unlock.
So basically Unlocking bootloader is extremely important nowadays. Once you qualify for unlocking the bootloader you’ve got to download the Mi unlock tool.
If you would like to root your device then unlocking bootloader is going to be the very first step and after then you may install TWRP recovery, and you’re able to root your device, and you may install custom ROM also.
How To Unlock Redmi K20 Pro Bootloader
The procedure to unlock Redmi K20 pro bootloader is very easy, you will require authorization from MI after that you will be able to install custom recovery on your device. Remember, unlocking bootloader voids the warranty of your device, so proceed at your own risk.
- Laptop/computer (mandatory)
- Register an account on the MI website and associate it with your device.
- Keep the device battery charged above 75%
- Take a backup of all the files and personal data from your smartphone as unlocking process deletes everything.
- USB Type C cable (provided in the box).
- ADB & Fastboot Tools.
- USB Drivers For Windows (not required on Windows 8.1 and above)
- Enable OEM Unlocking on your device
- Go to Settings > About Phone and tap MIUI Version 5-10 times until it shows Developer options enabled.
- Now go to Additional settings under the Settings menu and then open Developers options.
- Find the OEM unlocking option and slide it to enable. Alternately you might notice below that the MI Unlock Status shows “locked”.
- Go to MI Unlock website and login with your MI credentials same as on your Redmi K20 Pro.
- Download the MI Unlock Tool and install it on your computer or laptop.
- Now Turn off your mobile and press the Power button + Volume Down button together for 5-10 seconds and release it. This will reboot to the fastboot screen.
- Connect your mobile to your laptop or computer and open the MI Unlock Tool.
- Log in with your MI Account and click the unlock button on the MI Unlock Tool Application.
- If this is your first time, then a message will pop up displaying “Wait for 360 hours” which is 15 days to be precise.
- After 3 days, follow the same procedure from step 3, and then you will successfully get your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro bootloader unlocked.
How To Install TWRP On Redmi K20 Pro
Without unlocking bootloader it isn’t feasible to flash recovery. The recovery also does not have any power after Android is being loaded. The TWRP recovery is a favourite recovery for a lot of users. The TWRP custom recovery has become the most popular and secondhand customized recovery around the Android world.
It is possible to use a custom made recovery to create a Nandroid backup too. You require a personalized recovery like TWRP. You are able to read more about the way custom recoveries work in our article about it. Customized recoveries have the capability to make and restore device backups. In addition, the customized recovery is significantly helpful in creating a full backup of the smartphone.
- Keep your K20 Pro charged above 75%
- ADB and Fastboot (follow the instructions and install it)
- USB Type C (provided in the box)
- Custom Recovery TWRP/OrangeFox/PitchBlack – download any one of them (make sure you extract the file if it is in zip format and after extraction, you will get a .img extension file which you need to rename it as recovery.img)
- Turn off your smartphone and press Volume Down Button + Power Button until you see the MI logo.
- Now connect your smartphone to the laptop or computer
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator
- Now type list devices (It will display your device on the ADB and fastboot tool window
- Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. You will see the write successfully message.
- Now press and hold Volume Up and Power button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Mi boot logo to enter the custom recovery mode.
How To Root Redmi K20 Pro
In order to root Redmi K20 Pro, you need to have Magisk and a custom recovery like TWRP or OrangeFox which we have installed earlier.
Magisk is now popular in the last few years as more Android features are secured with Google’s SafetyNet system. Magisk is an alternate to the long-standing SuperSU and is called a systemless root system. Magisk provides you abilities to execute many tasks so as to customize the program.
The newest version of Magisk is currently finally available after almost two months of wait time, and we’d like to inform you that It was worth it. The latest edition of Magisk Manager always makes it possible to install Magisk Beta on your mobile phone.
- Download and copy the Magisk stable or beta version on your device internal storage (I would recommend the stable version).
- Reboot to Custom Recovery (turn off your device and then press the Power Button + Volume Up button together until you get a vibration).
- Tap the install button on the recovery interface
- Locate the downloaded Magisk zip file and slide to install
- Reboot to the system and find the Magisk App (if it is not there then install the Magisk Manager APK from the downloaded folder)