To unlock POCO X2 Bootloader, you will have to follow specific procedures and download drivers on your computer. The process hardly takes 10 minutes if all the resources are kept ready. After you unlock the bootloader of POCO X2, you will be able to install a custom recovery.
POCO X2 just got launched yesterday after a short advertisement and teasers on various social media platforms. With the rumors coming true as it is said to be the rebranded model of Xiaomi’s Redmi K30, which, is a good budget smartphone for Indian and Chinese users. At the launch event, the Kernel Source-Code was also released on Github.
The smartphone is packed with the latest Snapdragon 730G chipset at 2.2Ghz with Adreno 618 at 575MHz. Up to 8GB of RAM is supported with up to 256GB of internal storage, which is enough for massive gamers and photographers. The display is, enormous which comes with a 6.67-inch LCD screen with Gorilla Glass 5 protection that would protect from scratches from keys and coins. Also, at the back, there is the same type of glass protection, but we would recommend you using a back cover for extra protection.
Talking about the cameras, POCO X2 comes with the first time in India 64MP Sony IMX686 primary sensor plus 8MP 120° Wide-Angle sensor plus 2MP Depth Sensor and 2MP macro sensor. In the front, you get a punch-hole camera that has a 20MP primary and 2MP depth sensor.
The battery and performance are immensely beautiful, where you get a massive 4500 mAh battery. In terms of performance, POCO X2 is well optimized and runs on the latest MIUI 11 based on Android 10. You can read the full specifications of POCO X2 over here and let us know if you are planning to or already purchased it.
Warning: Unlocking bootloader and installing custom ROM, kernels, patches, etc. might void the warranty of the device. If the procedure is not followed correctly, then you might brick the device as well. We at Technolaty.com are not liable for any loss or damage to your product.
In this article, we will guide you on how to unlock the POCO X2 bootloader straightforwardly. All you have to do is follow the instructions below and download the necessary drivers and Softwares.
How To Unlock POCO X2 Bootloader
To unlock the bootloader of POCO X2, you will have to create an account on MI and associate it with your smartphone. The process is similar to the unlocking bootloader of Redmi K30.
- USB Type C Cable
- Charge your mobile above 50%
- Backup your photos, videos, files, etc. to an external source.
- Enable Developers Mode – Go to the phone Settings > About > Software > Build Number (tap on it continuously until you see the Developers mode turned on message).
- Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging – Go to the phone Settings > Additional Settings > Developers Options > Scroll down and search for OEM unlock and USB Debugging (enable both of them)
- Once you have downloaded the Drivers, extract it and install it on your computer.
- Now open the MI Flash Tool and click on Agree then click on Sign in with your MI Account
- Sign in with your mobile number associated with your MI account using SMS or password.
- You can also sign in using the QR code by going to Settings > Mi Account on your Mi Phone and tap the Scanner icon to sign in using a QR code.
- Turn off your POCO X2 and press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down Button together until you boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer using the data cable.
- On the Mi Flash Tool, click on “Unlock” and wait for the process to complete.
- Once everything is done, a message will pop up on the window stating “Unlocked Successfully” However, if this is your first time requesting the unlocking the bootloader of your POCO X2, then it will tell you to come back after 180-360 hours.
Congratulations, this is how you successfully unlock POCO X2 bootloader with the help of a computer.
To check if the bootloader lock status:
- Go to Settings > About Phone and tap MIUI Version 5-10 times until it shows Developer options enabled.
- Now go back to Settings and then click on Additional Settings > Developers options.
- Scroll down and click on Mi “Unlock status” You will see the message “This device is unlocked.”