Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is a large 6.80-inch screen smartphone boosted with 12 GB of RAM and powered by Samsung Exynos 9825 SoC, and the other one has a Snapdragon 855 chipset for US/China region users. If you plan to unlock more features of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, you are at the right place. In this article, we will guide you on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus and unlock its bootloader using Magisk Patched boot.
This large smartphone from Samsung comes with an Aura Glow glass back, which gives a premium look and matches its price range. It is both classy and elegant at the same time, which will make you fall in love. The Note 10 Plus comes with a Note-exclusive S Pen with new wand-like gesture control tricks, and we all know that with such large screens, we require a stylus.
The cameras do a decent job when the “Live Focus” is turned on, and the five cameras host many entertaining filters. Low-light imaging is not up to the mark, but we can ignore it with the other hardware inside. Although, the users have appreciated the selfie camera of the Note 10 Plus.
The 4,300 mAh battery with super-fast charging 2.0 and fast wireless charging 2.0 with wireless power share options makes it the complete handset we want in 2019. It has vast network connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, 5G/4G LTE, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, etc.
To root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, you will not require custom recovery like TWRP or PitchBlack to install Magisk. The procedure is straightforward but will take some time and technical knowledge. You can install TWRP if you want, but first, you will require specific tools for unlocking the bootloader and Magisk Patched boot file.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the word used in Android, which gives root privilege to Android devices like Smartphones, tablets, etc. Rooting requires specific permissions from the vendor, like unlocking the bootloader or patching some system files. When an Android device is given root access, many hidden and new features can be accessed, such as:
- Block ads site-wide on your Phone using Adaway
- Access the Android folder where the applications are stored
- Increase battery life by tweaking the processor power
- Uninstall bloatware on Galaxy Note 10 Plus
- Install Youtube Vanced using the Magisk Module
Giving root access is not always an advantage; it also has disadvantages. Many financial and banking applications do not work on rooted devices due to the vulnerability of the root access. But you can hide it using the Magisk Module, which we will use in this article.
To root the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, you must unlock the bootloader first and then download the patched image file from Magisk Manager, which will help you root your device.
WARNING: We are not liable if your device bricks. You are rooting voids the warranty of the device. You are solely responsible for installing custom ROMs, custom recoveries, custom kernels, etc.
How To Unlock the Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
There are a few variants of Galaxy Note 10 Plus that work with this method: SM-N975F (Europe); SM-N975F/DS (Global); SM-N975U (USA); SM-N975U1 (the USA unlocked); SM-N975W (Canada); SM-N9750/DS (LATAM, Brazil, China); SM-N975N (South Korea).
- Extract the files on your computer once downloaded. Then, search for a file named AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5 copy to your Galaxy Note 10 Plus internal storage.
- Download the latest Magisk Manager and install it on your Note 10 Plus.
- Open Magisk Manager, select Install and tap on Select and Patch file. Navigate the extracted AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5 file.
- Magisk Manager will patch the entire firmware and save the output to “Internal Storage > Download > magisk_patched.tar on your device.
- Now, copy the patched file to your computer.
- On your Phone, go to Settings > About Phone> Software Information and tap Build number multiple times until you see the message “Developer Options Enabled.”
- Go back to the Settings menu and open Developer Options. Now look for OEM unlocking and enable it. (If you do not see the option, you will have to wait for seven days until the OEM unlocking option appears).
- Please turn off your phone, press the Volume Up + Volume Down buttons, and connect it to your computer using the USB data cable. This will boot to download mode.
- When the device has entered the download mode, press and hold the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Remember to take a backup because this process will erase everything from your device and reboot automatically.
- When the phone reboots, apply step 2 again and check if the OEM unlocking option has greyed out.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
Flashing Custom Binaries
- Turn off your device reb, go to download mode, and select the Volume Up button to continue.
- Download Odin, extract it on your computer, and run it as administrator.
- Now select the following:
- On the AP tab, select the magisk_patched.tar
- Select the BL, CP, and CSC files from the extracted firmware you downloaded earlier. (It is important to select all the files along with the magisk_patched.tar).
- On Odin > options tab, uncheck Auto-Reboot.
- Now click the Start button and let the process complete until you see the PASS sign-on, Odin.
- Disconnect your Phone and do not reboot.
Factory Reset and Boot With Magisk (Root)
- Press Volume Down + Side Key to exit from the download mode.
- IMPORTANT: When you see the device rebooting as soon as the screen turns off, immediately press and hold the Volume Up + Side Key until you see the stock recovery screen.
- Use the Volume buttons, navigate through the menus, and select the Power button.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory > Reset to wipe data off the device.
- Select Reboot System Now and immediately press Volume Up + Side Key when the bootloader warning screen pops up; release all the buttons, and let it boot to the system.
- The device will take 5-10 minutes to boot. Do the initial setup on the device and then check whether the Magisk Manager App is installed. If it is not installed, then manually install the Magisk Manager APK.
Now, you have successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus. You can even root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 using a similar procedure and install TWRP. If you want to get rid of advertisements while browsing or in apps, then install Adaway, or you may install custom ROM. Also, you can explore many modules of Magisk, which will enhance your user experience on your device.
Congratulations! You’ve unlocked the bootloader and rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus. The possibilities are endless, and you can tailor your device to your unique preferences. Enjoy the enhanced performance and customization options that come with this advanced level of control.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is unlocking the bootloader safe?
- Unlocking the bootloader is generally safe, but it voids the warranty. Proceed with caution and follow instructions meticulously.
- Can I revert the rooting process?
- Yes, you can unroot your device by flashing the stock firmware. This restores the device to its factory state.
- Will rooting affect software updates?
- Rooting may impact over-the-air software updates. You might need to manually update your device after rooting.
- Are there risks involved in rooting?
- Rooting involves risks such as voided warranty and potential security vulnerabilities. Understand the risks before proceeding.
- Can I still use Samsung services after rooting?
- While rooting doesn’t necessarily restrict the use of Samsung services, some features may be affected. It’s advisable to research and understand the implications.