Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is a large 6.80-inch screen smartphone boosted with 12 GB of RAM and powered by Samsung Exynos 9825 SoC and the other one with Snapdragon 855 chipset for US/China region users. If you are planning to unlock more features of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will guide you on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus and unlock its bootloader using Magisk Patched boot.
This large smartphone from Samsung comes with Aura Glow glass back, which gives a premium look and matches its price range. It is both classy and elegant at the same time, which will make you fall in love. The Note 10 Plus comes with a Note-exclusive S Pen with new wand-like gesture control tricks, and we all know with such large screens we require a Stylus.
The cameras do a pretty decent job when the “Live Focus” is turned on, and it has many entertaining filters that are hosted by the five cameras on it. The low light imaging is not up to the mark, but we can ignore it with the other hardware present inside it. Although, the users have appreciated the selfie camera of the Note 10 Plus.
The 4,300 mAh battery with super-fast charging 2.0 and fast wireless charging 2.0 with wireless power share options makes it a complete handset which we want in 2019. It has huge network connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, 5G/4G LTE, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, etc.
To root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus you will not require any custom recovery like TWRP or PitchBlack to install Magisk. The procedure is straightforward, but it will take a little bit of time and technical knowledge. You can install TWRP as well if you want, but first, you will require specific tools for unlocking the bootloader and Magisk Patched boot file.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the word which is used in Android, which is the process of giving root privilege to Android devices like Smartphones, tablets, etc. Rooting requires specific permissions from the vendor like unlocking the bootloader or patching some system file. When an Android device is given root access, then many hidden and new features can be accessed, such as:
- Block ads site-wide on your phone using Adaway
- Access Android folder where the applications are stored
- Increase battery life by tweaking the processor power
- Uninstall bloatware on Galaxy Note 10 Plus
- Install Youtube Vanced using the Magisk Module
Giving root access is not always an advantage; it has a disadvantage too. Many financial and banking applications do not work on rooted devices due to the vulnerability of the root access. But you can hide it using Magisk Module which we are going to use in this article.
To root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus you will require to unlock the bootloader first and then download the patched image file from Magisk Manager which will help you root your device.
WARNING: We are not liable if your device bricks. Rooting void’s the warranty of the device. You are solely responsible for installing, custom ROM’s, custom recoveries, custom kernels etc.
How To Unlock the Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
There are few variants of Galaxy Note 10 Plus that works with this method: SM-N975F (Europe); SM-N975F/DS (Global); SM-N975U (USA); SM-N975U1 (the USA unlocked); SM-N975W (Canada); SM-N9750/DS (LATAM, Brazil, China); SM-N975N (South Korea).
- Extract the files on your computer once downloaded. Then search for a file with the name AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5 copy to your Galaxy Note 10 Plus internal storage.
- Download the latest Magisk Manager and install it on your Note 10 Plus.
- Open Magisk Manager and then select Install and then tap on Select and Patch file. Navigate the extracted AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5 file.
- Magisk Manager will patch the entire firmware and save the output to “Internal Storage > Download > magisk_patched.tar on your device.
- Now copy the patched file to your computer.
- On your phone go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap on Build number multiple times until you see the message “Developer Options Enabled“.
- Go back to the Settings menu and open Developer Options. Now look for OEM unlocking and enable it. (If you do not see the option then you will have to wait for seven days until the OEM unlocking option appears).
- Turn off your phone and then press the Volume Up + Volume Down button and simultaneously connect it to your computer using the USB data cable. This will boot to download mode.
- When the device is has entered the download mode then press and hold the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Remember to take a backup because this process will erase everything from your device and reboot automatically.
- When the phone reboots apply step 2 again and check if the OEM unlocking option has greyed out or not.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
Flashing Custom Binaries
- Turn off your device and reboot to download mode and select the Volume Up button to continue
- Download Odin and extract it on your computer and run it as administrator.
- Now select the following:
- On the AP tab select the magisk_patched.tar
- Select the BL, CP and CSC files accordingly from the extracted firmware which you have downloaded earlier. (It is important to select all the files along with the magisk_patched.tar).
- On Odin > options tab uncheck Auto-Reboot.
- Now click the Start button and let the process complete until you see the PASS sign-on, Odin.
- Disconnect your phone and do not reboot.
Factory Reset and Boot With Magisk (Root)
- Press Volume Down + Side Key to exit from the download mode.
- IMPORTANT: When you see the device rebooting as soon as the screen turns off, immediately press and hold the Volume Up + Side Key until you see the stock recovery screen.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate through the menus and for selecting use the Power button.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory > Reset to wipe data off the device.
- Select Reboot System Now and immediately press Volume Up + Side Key. When the bootloader warning screen pops up release all the buttons and let it boot to the system.
- The device will take 5-10 minutes to boot. Do the initial setup on the device and then check the Magisk Manager App installed or not. If it is not installed then manually install the Magisk Manager APK.
Now you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus. You can even root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 using a similar procedure and install TWRP. If you want to get rid of advertisements while browsing or in apps, then install Adaway or you may install custom ROM. Also, you can explore many modules of Magisk which will enhance your user experience on your device.