You all know how to create a new Apple ID, but what if you want to delete your existing Apple ID and link to your other Apple devices? If you wonder if this is even possible, the answer is – Yes, it is possible. But first, you need to determine if it is necessary. Deactivating your current Apple ID can result in you losing your access to the connected iCloud Mail and Drive Storage as well as any iMessages linked with that Apple account.
Additionally, all the purchases you made with the current Apple ID, including content from iTunes, eBooks, and the app store’s applications, not forgetting your Apple Music Library and Playlists, will also be lost.
These are a few of the implications you’ll have to face if you delete your existing Apple ID. But, if you still want to learn how to deactivate or delete an Apple ID forever, below are the steps you need to follow to make sure you do not lose any critical data before you act. Here’s what you need to do:
Before you Delete an Apple ID
Make sure you take these necessary steps before deleting an Apple ID. Below you’ll find different methods on how you can efficiently delete your existing Apple ID. Check for additional options for solving an account issue and apply the ones that suit you the most. So you do not lose any crucial information.
How to Reset an Apple ID: When You Cannot Remember the Apple ID & iCloud Password (on Mac)
If you have decided to delete your Apple Id because you can not remember your password anymore and think it would be easy to make a new one – you’ll find all the information here in this matter. Go through all the essential information provided in this article here, and you will resolve the issue on your own. However, if you are still unable to fix the problem on your own, contact Apple Support and get technical assistance. First, let’s find out:
- On your Computer, open safari and log on to the Apple ID account page.
- Below you will find the login boxes, and a little further down, Forgot Apple ID or Password. You need to click that.
- Next, you’ll see a page urging you to enter your Apple ID. As you do not want to use the same Apple ID anymore, leave the space empty.
- Now, click Forget Your Apple ID, enter your new Apple ID’s desired credentials, and click Continue.
- Next, enter your trusted Phone number and click continue.
- Now, you need to make sure whether to reset your password on a different device or by using the trusted number you had registered before. In this guide, we will be selecting Reset from another device. If your devices run on iOS 10 or later, it is recommended you do the same.
- It will let you know which device instructions you need to follow by resetting your Apple ID.
- Open the device list. A message will appear about resetting your password. Click Allow.
- Enter the passcode to unlock the other device.
- Now, please enter a new password and verify it. Click Next.
And that’s all! Within a few minutes, you’ll have your new Apple ID password you can use to buy new apps in the app store and music on iTunes. You’ll also be able to log in to iCloud and other essential apps that you need to work with regularly.
How to Delete an Apple ID Permanently
Next, we’ll show you how to delete your Apple ID permanently. The fix is for those who are not interested in creating a new Apple ID but permanently delete your Apple ID. For that reason, first, you should try and reach Apple Customer Support since there are several things you need to take care of before making that call.
Once you delete your Apple ID, you won’t be able to retrieve it. Not just that, it will affect all your apps and emails associated with the ID you want to delete. It becomes essential for you to remove these emails, so you do not get blocked from using them for future Apple ID. To do effectively do this:
- Log into your Apple ID that you want to delete.
- Tap on Edit next to the Account section at the top of the page.
- In that action, all the emails associated with your Apple Id will be visible. Click on the ‘X’ mark in from those email addresses you need to remove. Make sure you remove all of them before deactivating your account.
Follow these instructions, and you can work smoothly with your new Apple ID. Since many times it has become a significant issue for Apple users as they cannot access their email accounts even after creating a new Apple ID. It will make your life a lot easier, and you will have fewer difficulties in the future.
Your Apple ID is the heart of your Apple devices; you will not get started without it. The first thing you need to do is to register an email address as your Apple ID. And with an Apple ID, a whole new world of possibilities open for you. It allows you to download a variety of applications on your Mac and other iOS devices – you can obtain the benefits of iCloud mail and Storage with an Apple ID. It will help you save the photos you have captured on your smartphone or any iOS device and other vital data.
It may look daunting at first, but with precise guidance, you can easily accomplish this task. Using this short guide will help you create a new Apple ID and how you can adequately save your time and data without any hassle and complications in the future. It may also help you plan to buy a new Apple Device and log in with a unique ID; this smart guide will come in handy. However, make sure you follow all the steps to get the best results out of your efforts.