[Fix] Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Facebook Error After Android Pie Update
Major firmware updates, such as Android 9 Pie, recently released for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, often offer patches, but other issues may occur. Some owners of this device reported that the Facebook application had started to crash after installing the new update also same happened with the Facebook Messenger.
An application crashing after an update is not really a serious problem, although, in reality, it is very annoying, especially when you use the application in question because of the problem. In this case, it is a preinstalled application, so we can not remove it from the phone and reinstall it. However, you can do something to try to solve it and that’s what I’m going to share with you in this article. Therefore, if you are one of the owners of this phone and you have a similar problem, read on, because this article which can help you in one way or another.
Before you continue troubleshooting if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, visit our troubleshooting page, as we have resolved some of the most common issues reported by our readers.
This is what you should do if Facebook hangs on your Galaxy S9 Plus after downloading Android Pie …
- Force restart your phone.
- Find out if there is an update for the app.
- Clear the cache and data from the application.
- Format/Reset your phone.
If you are experiencing the problem for the first time, the first thing to do is restart it or run the forced restart procedure. Your phone memory will be updated and all your applications and services will be reloaded, which will avoid many problems. Therefore, hold down the volume keys for at least 10 seconds. Your device restarts normally, but the memory needs to be updated once it is activated. After that, try using Facebook to see if it still fails.
Another thing you should check if the forced restart does not help is if an update is available. Open the Play Store and go to My Apps. From there, you can see which applications need to be updated. If Facebook is one of them, this could be the solution to this problem. Update the applications and see what happens next.
The next step is to restore the application’s default configuration by removing its cache and data. Once again, Facebook is one of the pre-installed applications and can not be uninstalled like any other third-party application. Therefore, restoring is your best option for solving this problem. Do not worry, none of your images or files will be lost if you do.
After clearing the cache and data and the application continues to fail, you have no choice but to reset your phone. This will probably solve the problem, but you will have to go through all the hassle of moving your important files and data to the SD card or computer because they will be deleted and you will not be able to recover them after the reset. No. Then, after the backup, follow these steps to reset your phone:
- Backup of data in internal memory. If you have signed in to a Samsung account on your device, you have activated Anti-Theft and you will need your Samsung credentials to end the master reset.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold down the Volume Up and Bixby buttons, and press and hold the power key.
- When the green Android logo appears, release all keys (“Install System Update” will appear for about 30 to 60 seconds before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the key to lower the volume several times to highlight “clear data/reset factory”.
- Press the power button to select.
- Press the key to decrease the volume until “Yes: delete all user data” is highlighted.
- Press the power button to select and start the general reset.
- When the general restart is complete, “Restart the system now” will be highlighted.
- Press the power button to restart the device.
We hope this might have solved the issue of facebook crash on your Samsung Galaxy S9.