Download Android 10 GApps Package For Any Custom ROM
Android 10 was released publicly in September 2019, and most of the brands have pushed the updates to their respective devices. While many other devices that have got a custom ROM port based on Android 10 requires Gapps 10 as well to run the core Google applications such as the Google play service, framework, play store etc.
Android 10 GApps requires a patched ROM for proper WebView support which still hasn’t been released by OpenGapps yet. The development has started, and the beta version is published by the team that you can find in this article.
What is GApps?
In general, GApps is the full form of Google Applications that are the proprietary Google-branded applications which come pre-installed in most of the Android smartphones, tablets, TV’s etc. Applications such as the Google play services, Contacts, Dialers, Google Maps etc. are included in the GApps. However, there are certain restrictions over licensing from Google like the brand Huawei which is barred from using its service.
Also, there are custom ROM’s such as LineageOS, HavocOS, Resurrection Remix, OMNI-ROM, etc. do not have GApps pre-installed and must be installed separately. The Google apps are not mandatory to be installed along with a custom ROM, but many users find it to be useful to take the full advantage of the Android ecosystem.
Download Android 10 GApps
There are nine variants of Android 10 GApps that are developed by OpenGapps which you can install it on your device. You must read the descriptions on each of the variants and select it according to your wish.
Note: Remember, you should consider the package that the developer is suggesting to install. Also, all these GApps packages are based for ARM64 CPU architecture, do not install on ARM, x86 and x86_64.
One of the most downloaded GApps package which is selected by custom ROM users as it is minimal in size and contains Google applications such as the Play Services, Google Package Installer (replaces stock/AOSP Package Installer), Google Text-to-Speech and Google sound.
- Download – open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20191006-BETA.zip
The smaller footprint of Google that is still possible to enjoy the Google Assistant search support. In this package, you get the Pico Package and few basic Google applications such as off-line speech files, Google Play Store etc.
- Download – open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20191006-BETA.zip
Designed for those users who have legacy devices with small system partitions. You will find nano package contents along with Google core applications, Gmail, Calendar, Pixel Launcher, Device Health Services, Wallpapers, Pixel Icons sounds.
This Android 10 GApps package is for those users who like to have a minimal version of Google Applications pre-installed who use it on a daily basis like Gmail, Google Duo, Calendar, Calculator, Maps, Clock (replaces stock/AOSP Clock), Messages (replaces any pre-installed SMS app), Pixel launcher, Google Tags, Google Text-to-Speech and Youtube.
This GApps 10 comes in a complete package and is meant for the current generation smartphones that have substantial internal storage. You can flash this package only if you want most of the Google Applications pre-installed. The applications that come with Full Package are:
- Cloud Print
- Device Health Services
- Gmail (replaces stock/AOSP Email)
- Google Accessibility Suite (TalkBack)
- Google App (Search)
- Google Calculator (replaces stock/AOSP Calculator)
- Google Calendar (replaces stock/AOSP Calendar)
- Google Chrome (replaces stock/AOSP Browser)
- Google Clock (replaces stock/AOSP Clock)
- Google Drive
- Google Keep Notes
- Google Maps
- Google Messages (not installed on tablet devices) (replaces stock/AOSP SMS app)
- Google News
- Google Pixel Launcher
- Google Package Installer (replaces stock/AOSP Package Installer)
- Google Photos (replaces stock/AOSP Gallery)
- Google Play Books
- Google Play Games
- Google Play Movies & TV
- Google Play Music
- Google Play services
- Google Tags (replaces stock/AOSP NFC Tags)
- Google Text-to-Speech
- Download – open_gapps-arm64-10.0-full-20191006-BETA.zip
A complete set of Google applications can be found in this GApps 10 package which will consume a lot of space on your smartphone, but you can consider it if you do not want to install it again from the Play Store yet.
This package has all the applications from the full package along with the following:
- Android Auto
- Android System WebView (replaces stock/AOSP WebView)
- Google Camera (replaces stock/AOSP Camera)
- Google Keyboard (replaces stock/AOSP Keyboard)
- Google Pay
- Google Phone
- Google Print Service Recommendation Service (replaces stock/AOSP Print Service Recommendation Service)
- Google Storage Manager (replaces stock/AOSP Storage Manager)
- Google VR Services
- Google Wallpapers
- Pixel Icons
- Pixel Launcher (replaces stock/AOSP Launcher)
This GApps package comes handy for international users who will get the taste Global Applications. Recommended for Huawei users mostly and also those users who would like to get the Japanese, Korean, Zhuyin, Indic, Pinyin etc. language support. Super Package also includes Project Fi and Google translate, which is very useful for users often travelling to foreign countries.
All the super and stock contents are included in the super package along with the following:
- Google Fit
- Google Indic Keyboard
- Google Japanese Input
- Google Korean Input
- Google Pinyin Input
- Google Plus
- Google Street View
- Google Translate
- Google Zhuyin Input
- Project Fi
One of the selective Android 10 GApps package that is different from all other GApps 10 packages. This package is specially designed for devices such as Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus, Oneplus 7, Huawei P30 etc. The speciality about this package is that it contains all the Google Applications and has the option to choose and install the Google Applications.
How To Install Android 10 Gapps Package
- Once you have downloaded the correct variant of GApps, copy it to your device.
- Reboot to custom recoveries like TWRP, PitchBlack or OrangeFox Recovery.
- Go to install and locate the GApps package and swipe to flash it. (If the author mentions it to flash it along with custom ROM then follow the instructions).
- You may wipe Davik/Cache (not necessary).
- Reboot and enjoy.