Realme 5 development has started, and we have got the very first custom ROM for it. Now you can download custom ROM for Realme 5 and install it using TWRP custom recovery.
Realme is fulfilling its part by pushing monthly security updates to its devices. But, few users are not happy with the user interface and performance of the smartphone.
Being such a robust device, Realme is blocking it somehow from utilizing the maximum power of the Snapdragon 665 Soc. However, you will be able to unlock this power by installing a custom ROM based on AOSP, which will be lighter in weight and will consume less memory.
Why Install a Custom ROM on Realme 5
Installing custom ROM unveils the actual color of the system that it has. You will have full control over the device from customizing to distributing power to the cores of the system. A custom ROM helps you personalize the user interface, lock-screen, status bar items, etc.
Once you install a custom ROM you can also root the device using Magisk which will then allow you to install different types of modules like Youtube Vanced, Deep Sleep, blocking advertisements while browsing or utilizing any application, etc.
Disclaimer! Flashing, rooting, unlocking bootloader may void the warranty of the device. Please check with the brand before proceeding. You will be solely responsible for any loss of your data or device. Please be advised that we take no responsibility for it.
Download Custom ROM for Realme 5
Please take a backup of your data, files, etc. to an external source. You will need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed to flash any custom ROM.
ArrowOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, which is very simple and has a neat and clean user interface. Developers of this ROM aim at keeping things organized and have added stuff that is mostly used by users. They tend to deliver a bug-free ROM that could provide better battery life and smooth performance.
The ROM has been ported by Ganesh Varma, and it is based on Android Pie 9 which is at its initial release so there might be minor bugs here and there.
How to Install
- Download and copy ArrowOS and GApps (select ARM64 pico, nano, or micro) in the internal storage.
- Once you have unlocked the bootloader, boot to fast boot mode (press Volume Down + Power Button together and release when you get a vibration).
- Connect your smartphone to the computer and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot and right-click on cmd-here and run as administrator.
- Now flash this vbmeta.img file by entering the following command:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Reboot to TWRP recovery (turn off your smartphone and press Volume Up + Power Button together until you get a vibration).
- Go to Wipe and tick Dalvik, Cache, Data and System and swipe to wipe.
- Format the data if you have encrypted your smartphone previously (ignore if not).
- Go back and select Install and navigate to the folder where the ArrowOS ROM is saved.
- Select the ROM along with the GApps and swipe to flash.
More custom ROMs are under development, and once we get a hand on it, we will review and post it here.