How To Check Oppo Warranty Officially in 2020
There are many things to be considered while purchasing an Oppo smartphone, both new and a used one from Buy/Sell websites like OLX or Quikr. You must first check the Oppo Warranty on their official site to verify the authenticity of the device. We will guide you on how to check the Oppo smartphone, which you own is legit and not a counter-part of the company.
When we purchase a smartphone online, we have the guarantee of the product being new because it is in sealed condition and bought from a reputed website like Amazon or Flipkart. But, when we purchase the smartphone from some offline vendor or retailer or maybe from someone who used it before, then we must always check the warranty of the device for a fair deal.
Checking the warranty of the device gives self-satisfaction as well as the product value. It also helps in verifying the product being genuine, as many Chinese made smartphones are clones of Oppo smartphones. They look the same, have the same features, and even have the Google Play Store. But when the device has some technical issue, and we head to the service center, then we are told about the authenticity of the product.
To prevent from getting scammed from such instances, we must first check the Oppo warranty online officially. Please follow the guide below and check your Oppo warranty as well.
How To Check The Warranty of Any Oppo Mobile
Oppo itself on their website has allowed to check the warranty of their smartphones. There is a dedicated section where you can know the warranty status of all their products. You can also claim your Oppo warranty if your phone is listed on their website.
How Does Warranty Help?
- If your Oppo smartphone is lagging a lot, then you can take it to the service center and get it fixed.
- If the hardware buttons such as the Power button or the volume rockers are not working, then you can ask for a free-repair at the service center.
- Warranty also helps in the replacement of the product if there is a faulty motherboard, and there is no hardware replacement option.
- Everything is covered under warranty. However, the warranty does not help you to claim if there is damage from water or accidental drop. You must take care of your product just like you do with your other costly products.
Without making any further delays let us get check how to check the Oppo Warranty Officially:
- On your Oppo Mobile, open the dialer.
- Now type * #06 #
- A new window will pop-up revealing the IMEI number of your device.
- Note down the IMEI number somewhere.
- Now go to the Oppo Warranty status check page.
- Now type the IMEI number followed by the verification code in the box provided on the right-hand side and then click the “Check now” button.
If your Oppo mobile genuine, then it will be enlisted there with the description of the product model, IMEI number, and the warranty status of your mobile. You will get to know how many months or years of warranty is left or expired (in case of mine).
Oppo has a strict policy when it comes to claiming a warranty if there is any defect in the smartphones. You must check their Terms and Conditions before applying for the claim. Also, unlocking the bootloader and installing custom ROMs voids the warranty of the smartphone. The above method will help you to find the Oppo warranty status of the smartphone only, for checking the warranty of other products from Oppo such as the headphone, charger, blu-ray player, etc., then you must present the invoice of the product.