Often, we get confused about which wireless router to buy for our homes, shops, and small businesses. Well, there are so many options that it is easier to get distracted by one another and even if you are from the technical background.
You still need a little help to see which router provides you with the best of the feature which can be helpful to you and is not just a gimmick.
Top 7 Wireless Router In 2021
Today we will be looking at some of the best routers you can buy online in 2021 and their features. Also, we will be shedding some light on how users can take advantage of these wireless routers and make their networks reliable.
#1. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
Starting with our list of best wireless routers for 2021, we have to bring in the big guns, and from big guns, we mean Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300. It’s a perfect WiFi router for those who like to game a lot and spend most of their time steaming games on Twitch and YouTube. It has one of the most excellent console management systems, which lets the user optimize the network for making the gaming experience lag-free and with zero to no latency.
- There are eight removable and adjustable antennas to work with.
- If we look at the back of it, we can see it has eight LAN ports and two USB 3.0 ports. A WAN port along with power and reset buttons.
- There are several modes that one can choose from, and you can select repeater mode, AP mode, Media Bridge mode, and AiMesh mode. The AiMesh will enable you to use other Asus routers as a seamless mesh network.
- The network traffic graph, which comes in the management console, will provide the exact up and down the network’s speed.
- You can see the location of the server for specific games worldwide.
- In addition to this, to improve the performance, the management system can optimize the chosen games’ packet distribution.
If we have to say one word for Asus ROG Rapture, we will definitely say it is Amazing and definitely needs to be brought by consumers of all kinds, but for gamers, this is the one router going to make a lot of things easier for you.
#2. Netgear Nighthawk X10
If you are looking for cutting-edge technology from your router, you need to have Netgear Nighthawk with you. The router supports the new 802.11ad WiFi standard, and it can efficiently deliver high-speed internet access across the home without suffering from any packet drops. The built-in media server such as Plex makes this router work effortlessly for streaming videos and movies.
- The router incorporates the quad-stream access point support to support all the currently working wireless devices. Thus, it can deliver data on 60Ghz, 5Ghz, and 2.4Ghz at the same time.
- Likewise, it comes with 6, 1 gigabit LAN ports for the wired connection.
- Users can connect two of these ports to make them run as one and double the transfer rate to 2 gigabits.
- It is one of the first routers which is commercially sold and has a 10Gbps SFP+LAN port.
The router is a bit bulky, and there is no doubt it is pretty expensive, and many people might be looking for a substitute that doesn’t cost that much. We can say about this router because it is made for enthusiasts who want to be one step ahead of everyone else and want to have the best of the best. It is like a race car. It provides the ultimate performance that one craves and has the raw power to give you a seamless network, but you need to pay a hefty some 30,000 INR.
#3. D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router
Yes, this router was released a few years back, but it still holds its mantle of being one of the best routers of all time. It is designed to handle the daily needs of a home network. It has a dual-band WiFi system which provides a good amount of throughput and allows users to make changes using management settings. The settings include parental control, guest networking, and Quality of Service (QoS) prioritization.
- It is pretty small if we look at the carbon footprint of other mid-range and high-end models.
- There are eight LED lights to provide information about internet activity. WiFi activity and WPS activity.
- Under the hood of the router, you can find 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios, which can provide speeds up to 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps, respectively.
- The router’s management system can be installed on both Apple and Android devices and can be operated from mobile phones.
- Likewise, the process of setting up the router takes around 5 minutes, and when you connect the laptop with the router, it will automatically send the user to router settings.
When you are using D-Link AC1200, you are not spending too much money on getting a decent WiFi router that has an effective dual-band for giving optimal wireless networking. The router is easy to install, and for the money, it delivers fast and reliable throughput. There is only one flaw we were able to find, and that is the no presence of USB connectivity. If we have to recommend our readers for the best affordable router, then D-Link AC1200 is a no-brainer at all.
#4. Trendnet AC2600 StreamBoost
The Trendnet AC2600 is the fully-featured midrange router that gives you a high-speed internet connection while supporting all the 802.11ac standards. It does have the support of Multi-User Multiple Input and Multiple Output streaming technology built inside of it. So you can easily stream your favorite web series in 4K on multiple screens all at the same time. We found our interface of the router set to be a little tricky during our testing, but once you get used to it, it can provide a number of management settings to the owners in just a few clicks.
- There are four extra-long antennas that are adjustable and removable according to the user’s needs.
- The bunch of blue LEDs in the front will help in providing the necessary information about whether the internet is working or not.
- At the back, you have four-gigabit ports along with WAN ports and two USB 3.0 ports.
- . AsA 1.4Ghz dual-core processor powers the router a result, it can reach up to the speed of 800 Mbps on 2.4Ghz bandwidth and 1,733 Mbps on 5Ghz bandwidth.
- It supports MU-MIMO streaming and beamforming; both of these help send a direct signal to the client without scattering it to a broad spectrum.
- Moreover, the router has the support of Qualcomm’s StreamBoost technology, which allocates the bandwidth of the network depending on what the users are currently doing while using the network.
To save up your router’s settings, you need to press the “save” and “apply” buttons separately. If you don’t press the apply button, all the saved settings will not be applied. Also, you need the router to set the new settings, and it could take up to 1 to 2 minutes before the router fully understands the new settings. For someone who is looking for a midrange router, this is undoubtedly the best option.
#5. Google Nest WiFi
If someone is looking for a mesh router system, then Google Nest is something they definitely need to consider as it offers impressive high-speed internet over a mesh network. With the high speed, you are also getting a solid signal and easy-to-use features along with stable band steering. The Google Nest can be brought in three different colors, and it works as a Google speaker as well, so you can play your favorite songs on it, too, if you want to. The Google Nest is best for those individuals who are connected with other Google products and services as well then. The Nest WiFi solution will provide a seamless experience and connect all the products and services as one.
- The system is idiot-proof, and it can handle a number of drops before finally dying out.
- All you have to do is plug it in and do what the app asks you to do with nothing too out of the box, and within 5 minutes, you are ready to use it as your WiFi router.
- It seamlessly integrates with your Google Home app, and you can give a voice command to the Nest, and it will deliver it to the app and turn off the light for you.
- Users can group all the connections which are present in the Nest WiFi and then control their working from the mobile application.
- It can prioritize the connection to one device, meaning if you are watching a movie in 4K, then bandwidth will be distributed to provide you the best of the experience, so the streaming doesn’t dip.
- The design isn’t something too flashy, and it can easily blend in with your home decor.
There are some down points as well, and the first one is it has no ethernet jack to physically connect the system to WiFi mesh. It would be best if you bought a separate ethernet hub or a smart home bridge to attach your computer with the physical connection. It doesn’t separate the two bands, and it will steer you in between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network when you are moving into your home. There are no hiccups during the usage, and with just three Google Nest WiFi routers, you can cover a small to medium-size home with a wireless network.
#6. Asus ZenWiFi Ax
The Asus ZenWiFi comes with the support of WiFi 6 performance, and it can quickly provide a high-speed network from a small to midsize home. Indeed it is not the fastest mesh router kit available in the market, but it does the job. The company provides two years of warranty along with a built-in security system which the administrator can manage.
- First, it has large cooling slots, and the top has an oval shape opening to let the heat move out from the router’s body.
- You can use any other router which supports the mesh architecture and builds a hybrid mesh network using it.
- It is powered by Broadcom’s BCM 435684 networking chip, which has a 1.5Ghz of quad-core processing power.
- Users can take advantage of advanced Beamforming technology to customize the stream according to their requirements.
- The ZenWiFi Ax uses MU-MIMO, which has a wide 160MHz of a data channel. Thus, theoretically speaking, it sends data at the whopping speed of 6.6Gbps.
This is not the fastest router that your neighborhood is going to have if we are speaking honest words. But it can be one of the most advanced routers that have its own security system to protect family members against hackers and other forms of a data breach. You can get a pair of these mesh routers for 44,000 INR, but if you have a midsize house, even a single router is well enough to fill the space with no latency network.
Must read – Best Ways To Boost The WiFi Router
#7. TP-Link Archer C5400 V2
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner who is just setting up his first home network or a veteran; this TP-Link Archer C540 is the excellent choice for both. The easy-to-navigate interface makes it possible for newcomers to enjoy access to some of the advanced settings of their network with just a few clicks.
- It has a number of smart home features that can help users to operate their smart home appliances via one management system.
- The TP-Link router will find out the smart devices in your home and connect with them automatically. All the different devices will be seen on the TP-Links apps, and you can command them directly from the app.
- It comes with four-gigabit ports for making a wired internet connection. Also, there is a WAN port for connecting the router to a modem.
- It doesn’t have a built-in modem which gives users the freedom to use it with any connection. But still, you need to have a separate modem as well.
- There’s a single USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port at the back of the router.
- There is a dual-core 1.4 GHz Broadcom ARM processor built inside of the router along with the three co-processors for handling the multiple data stream.
- As a result, a network that has a number of users connected to it all at the same time, still the router will not fail to send all the data packets to the correct receiver and keeps the data connection between devices strong and robust.
One of the things which we didn’t like about this router is it is shamelessly old school design which cannot fit in the minimalist designed interiors. Other than that, it is one of the best routers which one could buy for around 21,000 INR. The setup is easy, and thanks to its user-friendly app, it doesn’t overwhelm new users who are setting up the network for the first time. The main star of the show which led us to recommend this router is the WiFi performance. The single unit of this router can send wireless connections across multiple walls without decreasing the intensity of the network at all.
These were some of the best Wireless routers you can purchase online in 2021. You might find other routers as well, which might help you with your requirements, but these seven are optimal for their usage. All of them can easily handle heavy networks and can perform under high traffic. If we have to choose a budget-friendly WiFi router, then we will go with D-Link AC1200 WiFi Router.
On the other hand, if the budget is not the bar, then Asus’s ZenWiFi Ax is the router we would go with for heavy daily usage. It’s high time to have a wireless internet connection at home, and these WiFi routers will make the setup and the deployment easier for you, so grab one of them and explore the endless possibilities of the internet.